VERY SHORT TIME AWARDS LISTING
1. The ARRL Website has a pretty big listing of Special Event Stations, many of which offer a certificate. Best way to get a listing of the awards is to specify a start and stop date in their web form. Use the "search" function in your web browser to look for the word certificate.
2. CQ Magazine also publishes a list of special events, some of which offer certificates.
ARCHIVE OF ALL 2013 VERY SHORT TIME
ARCHIVE OF ALL 2014 VERY SHORT TIME AWARDS
ARCHIVE OF ALL 2015 VERY SHORT TIME AWARDS
ARCHIVE OF 2016
VERY SHORT TIME AWARDS
2015 2016 8 December 2015 to 20 November 2016 ITALY
Jubilee of Mercy 2015-2016 Background: Pope Francis announced the celebration of an
'extraordinary Holy Year'. This 'Jubilee of Mercy' will commence with the
opening of the Holy Door in St. Peter’s on the Solemnity of the
Immaculate Conception, 2015, and will conclude on November 20, 2016 with
the Solemnity of Our Lord Jesus Christ, King of the Universe. At the start
of the new year, the Holy Father had stated: 'This is the time of mercy.
It is important that the lay faithful live it and bring it into different
social environments. Go forth!' In order to celebrate the Extraordinary Jubilee of Mercy and spread its
message through the world, the branch of Rome of ARI is issuing an award which
may earned by all Ham Radio Operators and SWL. RULES Award will be issued to Ham Radio Station / SWL collecting at least: Dates of activity: between 00:00 UTC on December 8th, 2015 and 22:59 UTC on
November 20th, 2016. Valid stations and Point Values: Valid callsigns will be listed on www.ariroma.it
and QRZ.com profile for IIØIEM. Other: Rankings: Prizes: Stations in 1st and 2nd place for each category will be awarded a
special plate. Contacts: ARI Roma stations running the award – 1pt. each. IØAPV Beppe (SSB) E-mail: email@example.com Tks K1BV Research 11/3015 2016 1 February to 10 July 2016 ITALY
1st A.R.P.I Award Navigators Explorers This award is by the "A.R.P.I." group and is dedicated to six
famous Navigators Explorers and it’s open to all OM and SWL operators. Navigator Explorer with the following schedule: Points: each QSO = 5 points except for QSOs with Jolly (wild card) stations
who = 10 points. The same activator can be contacted on the same day but in
different BANDS or MODES. Operators will call with ""CQ 1st Award
ARPI Navigators Explorers". The updated list of the activator stations
and jolly station can be found at
of the Award
Jubilee of Mercy 2015-2016
of the Award
1st A.R.P.I. Award Navigators and Explorers
20th Anniversary of the Rybnik Branch No. 31
of PZK ( HF31ROT)
Eagle - 450 Years Anniversary
100 Years of the City Dabrowa Gornicza
Radio Marathon: "Inventors of Telecommunications
CQ Vespa Award
Great Victory Plaque
Diploma Soldiers of Victory
65th Anniversary of the High Speed Club
36th Diploma and Contest Leonardo da Vinci 2016
Victory - 71 Diploma
ORCOLAT 1976 - 20-16
1 December 2016
28 December 2016
35th Anniversary Section 54 VERON (PI35ETL)
Dedicated Tankers (Victory 71)
Plaque 2016 Ice Hockey World Championship Russia
Indiana Bicentennial County Award Rules
Dutch National Windmill and Waterpumpstation Weekend
WIA Award for Norfolk Island
60th Anniversary Portuguese Airborne Troops
12th Diploma " COTA " 2016
(200th Anniversary of the Italian Carabinieri (Police)
"What Hath God Wrought? (WHGW)
International HF CW Day Award
Museum Ships Weekend Event Award
25 June 2016
26 June 2016
International Museums Weekends 2016
The Volzhsky Diploma
Pope Francis announced an extraordinary Holy Year with ten years in advance, a historic event, 15 years after the Great Jubilee of 2000 initiated by St. John Paul II. The Jubilee will begin with the opening of the Holy Door of St. Peter's Basilica on December 8, 2015, and will end on November 20, 2016
1. 80 points for stations located in Italy;
2. 50 points for stations located in Europe;
3. 25 points fot stations located outside Europe.
Frequencies: bands of 160, 80, 40, 20, 15 and 10 meters according to local and Italian regulations.
Modes: SSB, CW and DIGImodes, according to IARU band plan.
1. IIØIEM special call = 5pts;
2. IQ0RM ARI Roma callsign = 3pts;
3. Members of ARI Roma running the award = 1pt. each.
Only one QSO per day, per mode is allowed on the same band for each valid station.
The final score will be calculated by adding points for valid QSOs according to the above table.
(Both IIØIEM and IQØRM must be contacted at least once.)
Logs shall be submitted in .adif format on or before December 31st, 2016 and sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org , using the subject IIØIEM <your callsign>. Please use your callsign as file name.
Late submissions will receive the award but will not be included in final ranking.
The award will be submitted in electronic format via email to all participants.
A paper version can be obtained by contributing to printing and shipping expenses of EUR10/USD15 via bank transfer to the following address:
Payable to: A.R.I. Associazione Radioamatori Italiani – Roma
Bank details (IBAN): IT64E0100503201000000014723
Reason: IIØIEM Award
Three different categories will be ranked:
Cat. "A" – Italian stations, all modes;
Cat. "B" – European stations, all modes;
Cat. "C" – World stations, all modes.
IØGOJ Tony (CW)
IØJBL Luciano (DIGIT)
IØOWO Giuseppe (DIGIT)
IØSBA Antonio (SSB)
IØZY Gianfranco (SSB)
IKØIKB Carlo (SSB)
IKØIRF Antonello (SSB)
IKØJOE Daniele (SSB)
IKØOTG Pietro (SSB)
IKØPEA Giammario (DIGIT)
IKØQNZ Franco (SSB)
IKØTUM Roberto (CW-DIGIT)
IKØTWN Giovanni (CW)
IKØVKL Flavio (SSB)
IKØXFD Giordano (CW-DIGIT)
IUØAFB Luigi (SSB)
IWØAEN Gino (SSB)
IWØBET Giovanni (SSB)
IWØCZC Stefano (SSB)
IWØGTA Giovanni (SSB)
IWØHK Andrea (CW-DIGIT)
IZØJSD Alessandro (SSB)
IZØPAU Marcello (SSB)
IZØPEB Armando (SSB)
IZØZFK Ivo (SSB-DIGIT
Award Period: 10 days for in each month January to July.
Cristoforo Colombo from 1/Feb to 10/Feb
Amerigo Vespucci from 1 March to 10/MarchFerdinando Magellano from 1/April to 10/April
Giovanni Caboto from 01/May to 10/May
Vasco de Gama from 01/June to 10/June
Enrique the Navigator from 01/July to 10/July
Operating Bands: 10-20-40-80 meter bands
Modes: SSB CW Digital modes (RTTY and PSK)
Oms who are interested in obtaining one or all the Diplomas and enter the ranking for the final prizes, will have to make QSOs with the activators ARPI stations and reach a minimum score of 100 points for each diploma.
The Diploma will be sent in PDF format for free. All those who request a Diploma will automatically entered into a final list ranking of related category.
No Contribution for the Diploma in JPG PDF format is needed. However, a contribution fee of 10 euros is required if a A4 printed version of the diploma is requested by traditonal post mail. For more details write to: email@example.com
8 December 2015 to 20 November 2016
ITALY Jubilee of Mercy 2015-2016
Pope Francis announced the celebration of an 'extraordinary Holy Year'. This 'Jubilee of Mercy' will commence with the opening of the Holy Door in St. Peter’s on the Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception, 2015, and will conclude on November 20, 2016 with the Solemnity of Our Lord Jesus Christ, King of the Universe. At the start of the new year, the Holy Father had stated: 'This is the time of mercy. It is important that the lay faithful live it and bring it into different social environments. Go forth!'
In order to celebrate the Extraordinary Jubilee of Mercy and spread its message through the world, the branch of Rome of ARI is issuing an award which may earned by all Ham Radio Operators and SWL.
Award will be issued to Ham Radio Station / SWL collecting at least:
Dates of activity: between 00:00 UTC on December 8th, 2015 and 22:59 UTC on
November 20th, 2016.
Valid stations and Point Values:
Valid callsigns will be listed on www.ariroma.it
and QRZ.com profile for IIØIEM.
Prizes: Stations in 1st and 2nd place for each category will be awarded a special plate.
Contacts: ARI Roma stations running the award – 1pt. each.
IØAPV Beppe (SSB)
Tks K1BV Research 11/3015
1 February to 10 July 2016
ITALY 1st A.R.P.I Award Navigators Explorers
This award is by the "A.R.P.I." group and is dedicated to six
famous Navigators Explorers and it’s open to all OM and SWL operators.
Navigator Explorer with the following schedule:
Points: each QSO = 5 points except for QSOs with Jolly (wild card) stations who = 10 points. The same activator can be contacted on the same day but in different BANDS or MODES. Operators will call with ""CQ 1st Award ARPI Navigators Explorers". The updated list of the activator stations and jolly station can be found athttp://www.qrz.com/db/IZ1MLC web page.
Logs: send your logs to the mail address:firstname.lastname@example.org. The station logs must provide all QSO information including report of the the names of Activators, QSO Date, QSO Time in UTC format, Points earned and QSO Frequency.
Tks Andrea IU4DEG 2/2/16
14 February to 26 March 2016
4 - 5 November 2016
POLAND 20th Anniversary of the Rybnik Branch No. 31 of PZK ( HF31ROT)
1. The special-event station HF31ROT has been activated to celebrate the 20th
Anniversary of the Rybnik Branch of PZK.
2. Operating periods: 14 Feb to 26 March 2016 and 4-5 November 2016 (the former date refers to the date of the founding meeting and PZK Branch approval, in full weeks, and the latter to the ROP Activity Days in 2016).
3. The special-event station will be operated by the Rybnik Branch amateurs, giving their names or call signs.
4. You may earn an electronic Award for making the required number of QSO’s with various HF31ROT operators. Send your Cabrillo log extract to: email@example.com
5. Required numbers of QSO’s:
A. SP applicants – 5,
B. other EU – 3,
C. DX – 2 QSO’s.
6. The Polish station which makes the highest number of contacts with different operators will be rewarded.
7. Award Manager: Hubert SP9MDY.
1 March to 30 October 2016
RUSSIA Eagle - 450 years
The Russian city of Orel is derived from the word "Eagle". This award celebrates the 450th Anniversary of the founding of Orel. The award is designed as an electronic image file, and is free of charge.
Requirements: During the period from March 1, 2016 on October 30, 2016 earn a minimum of 450 points for QSOs made with special event call signs which are dedicated to the 450th anniversary of the city of Eagle. These are: R1566O, R450O, RO450Y .
Dates of planned activity:
The goal is to earn 450 points. Each QSO gives 50 points. Repeated QSOs are counted if made on different bands an modes. The diploma is issued in electronic form. When you have made the required contacts, go to website: https://hamlog.ru/awards/r3e/orel450/ and you will be able to download the award.
At the end of the activity you can order QSL via OQRS on the QSL-bureau of their respective countries and regions.
Qsl manager Roman Kruzhalin R2EA
award manager: Boris Lyakhov R3EE
Grateful layout designer Nikolai Zherdev R3EX
Tks QRZ.ru 3/26/16
March 1, 2016 to April 12, 2016
1 - 31 March 2016
ROMANIA 80th Anniversary of the Romanian National Association of Amateurs YO80YR5
This award commemorates the founding of the FRR- Federatia Romana de Radioamatorism on 1 March 1936, 80 years ago. In March 2016, the special event call sign of YO80YR5 will be used to remember this occasion. The "YO" is today the main prefix in Romania, 80 represents the years 1936 to 2016 and YR5 was the Romanian prefix used in 1936.
A special award is available as follows: Earn 25 points by working YO80YR5 on different bands and modes. Each contact made on a different band/mode QSO = 5 points.
Send an e-mail with a log extract of these contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org . The Electronic certicicate will be sent to you in digital format so you may print or display it as you wish. The awared is free. Printed copies are available for 5 lei for Romania and 5 Euro outside Romania.
From 10 March or later, you can download your award directly from http://www.hamyo.ro/maraton/
Tks QRZ.com 3/14/16
1 Mar to 31 Oct 2016
POLAND 100 YEARS OF THE CITY DABROWA GÓRNICZA
1. The Award is issued of the occasion ot the 100th anniversary of
the City Dabrowa Górnicza .
2. To receive the Award you should have made QSO with stations of the Ham Radio Clubs in Dabrowa Górnicza , members of this Clubs and other Hams from Dabrowa Górnicza , and obtain a minimum of 100 points .
3. QSOs may be made from 01 March 2016 to 31 October 2016, on all amateur bands and all available types of emission , also via repeaters and Echolink .
4. QSOs with the same station can be repeated several times , but not in the same day, except QSOs using different bands or modes.
5. One QSO with special station 3Z100DG is obligatory .
6. Point Values :
March 16 to June 16, 2016
RUSSIA Radio Marathon "INVENTORS TELECOMMUNICATION"
The international scientific-educational radio marathon "Inventor TELECOMMUNICATION" has been established by the Russian Geographical Society with the support of radio clubs and amateur radio operators in Russia to call attention to the personalities who played a prominent role in the history of telecommunications.
The purpose of the international radio marathon "Inventor TELECOMMUNICATION" is to transfer to radio amateurs all over the world, a body of knowledge of the history of telecommunications, development outlook, the ability to individual creative solutions for self-learning, as well as the formation of humanistic values.
Knowledge of the history of telecommunications decides a world view, general cultural problem. After all means of communication were established efforts of many scientists, engineers, inventors of all developed countries of the world. Communications World international, and with it humanity is beginning to overcome the accumulated hostility and mistrust between the peoples.
Special days of activity for this radio marathon will be:
16 March - Birthdate of A.S. Popov.
18 April - World Day of Amateur Radio.
7 May - Honoring the Russian physicist Alexander S. Popov.
17 May - World Information Society Day. (Previously called International Telecommunications Day).
Award Rules: The inventors of the telecommunications March 16 - June 16, 2016
You may earn several diplomas and awards of the international amateur scientific and educational diploma program "Inventor TELECOMMUNICATION" by conducting radio contacts (SWL OK) from 16 March (00 UTC) to 16 June (00 UTC) of 2016 by contacting special event stations using the prefix RT, the number 73, with a prefix that contains the initials of the individual being honored, XX for their contribution as Inventors of Telecommunication.
To earn the 7 different thematic classes you need to contact the following
number of stations, indicating the international amateur radio digital code
1. Diploma "INVENTORS TELECOMMUNICATIONS: THE FIRST COMMUNICATIONS» 11 QSOs
2. Diploma "TELECOMMUNICATION INVENTORS: MAIL" 44 QSO
3. Diploma "TELECOMMUNICATION INVENTORS: Telegraph" 55 QSO
4. Diploma "INVENTORS TELECOMMUNICATIONS: TELEPHONE" 73 QSO
5. Diploma "TELECOMMUNICATION INVENTORS: RADIO": 88 QSO
6. Diploma "TELECOMMUNICATION INVENTORS: TELEVISION" 99 QSO
7. Diploma "TELECOMMUNICATION INVENTORS: INTERNET": 161 QSO
To earn the 3 different awards "INVENTORS TELECOMMUNICATION» PLAQUE and TROPHY you need to dial the following number of QSO:
1. The award "Inventor TELECOMMUNICATION» PLAQUE: 200 QSO
2. The award "Inventor TELECOMMUNICATION» TROPHY: 250 QSO
3. The award "Inventor TELECOMMUNICATION" GLASS: 300 QSO
The above wooden plaques for "Inventor TELECOMMUNICATION» PLAQUE & TROPHY are mounted on a metal base (weight: 0.5 kg, plaque - 23 x 30.5 cm, metal - 19 x 26 cm).
A special Glass award "INVENTORS TELECOMMUNICATION» features optical glass with laser engraving and gift box (weight: 0.5 kg).
Repeated QSOs / SWL with special radios RT 73 XX, dedicated to the great and well-known telecommunication inventors may be worked multiple time using various HF & VHF bands and different modes (telephone, telegraph, digital types) from March 16 to June 16, 2016.
For radio stations that are located on separate continents of NA, SA, OC, AF, AS ( with the exception of Russia and CIS countries) each contact is worth double points.
The observers (SWL) should send such reports to the monitoring report to the Organizing Committee.
All 7 thematic diplomas are issued solely in electronic form free of charge through the system automated system of HAMLOG RU which is located at: http://rt73.hamlog.ru . They will receive reports from all participants which will be used to verify your contacts.
While the paper awards are free of charge, there will be a charge made for the Awards which are PLAQUES, TROPHY and GLASS. Contact sponsor for details to send to your country.
LIST OF PARTICIPATING STATIONS AND THE PERSONS BEING HONORED:
1. RT73AP Alexander Stepanovich Popov
42. RT73LF Lee de Forest
Basic Rules document: http://www.r6x.ru/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=34&layout=blog&Itemid=66&lang=ru
HAMLOG RU: http://rt73.hamlog.ru .
Tks K1BV Research 3/16/16
1 April to 30 June 2016
In February 1926 the Council of People's Commissars of the USSR adopted a
resolution "On the use of the private radio stations", which legalized
the issuance of amateur radio callsigns in the USSR. In the same year the first
three Ukrainian stations received their licenses:
1. 03RA – Fyodor Davydov (Yuzhny, Kharkiv region),
2. RA-23 (Kharkiv Main Chamber of Weights and Measures, club station),
3. RA-31 (Kharkiv Institute of Technology, club station).
In commemoration of the 90th anniversary of the appearance on the air the first Ukrainian amateur radio stations the "Retro" section of the Chuguev club "Radiohvylya" is sponsoring the "UR-HAMRADIO-90" award.
To obtain the award it is necessary to earn a at least 90 points for QSOs with the Ukrainian radio amateurs in the period from April 1 to June30, 2016. Repeated QSOs are allowed on different bands irrespective of the modulation.
A. For Ukrainian stations:
1. Special event station EM90LUR = 20 points.
2. Radio stations from Kharkiv region (the first letter of the suffix is L) = 5 points.
3. Other Ukrainian radio stations = 3 points.
B. For stations from Europe the points shown above are doubled, and for those from other continents - tripled.
Application in the form of a log extract should be sent to the award manager’s address: Alexander Roslyak (UX3LF), P.O.box 43, Chuguev, Kharkiv reg., 63503, Ukraine or to E-mail "email@example.com ".
Award fee: amateurs of the Ukraine the cost of the paper award including shipment - 20 UAH, for radio amateurs in other countries, the fee is $4. An award is also available in electronic form free of charge.
Thanks Victor UX5PS 3/25/16
23 April 2016
England International Marconi Day Award
Special Note: International Marconi Day 2016 is dedicated to Norman G4USB one of the founders of the event now in it's 29th year. Norman sadly and unexpectedly passed away in February after a short illness.
This is a 24-hour period of Operation on 23rd April 2016 to recognize the Birthday of Gugliemo Marconi, the Italian who helped develop the potential of Radio. Look for, and work stations which are located in all parts of the world which have a strong connection with the "Father" of Radio, including sites of old antenna farms, cities where he established the first manufacturing plants to produce radios and more.
Award Period : 0000 UTC to 2359 UTC on 23 April, 2016.
As in previous years the event will run for a full 24 hours with contacts made on HF only counting towards the award. All modes of radio communication are accepted towards the award and are actively encouraged. Please note that VHF, UHF, internet modes such as Echolink and Digital Voice modes will not count towards the award for IMD.
The Certificates are of a very high quality and are well worth obtaining to display on the wall of any Shack. They are based on an original Marconi Stock Certificate Circa 1901.
There are 2 categories which are offered:
1.TRANSMITTING AMATEUR - To establish direct two-way communication with 15 of the official Award Stations, mixed modes are permitted.
2. SHORTWAVE LISTENERS - To log two-way communications made by 15 of the official Award Stations, mixed modes are permitted.
The Cornish Radio Amateur Club offers two special Award Certificates for working authorised International Marconi Day Award Stations: one is for Transmitting Stations and the other for Short Wave Listeners. To earn the award you should state the Award Category claimed, and must be made in writing giving a FULL extract of your log together with your callsign and address. The log extract may be a certified copy of the original log or a certified computer print out. Alternatively, another amateur should certify that your log extract represents a true copy of the original log entries: if no other amateur is available, an adult signatory will be accepted.
Please post your claim to: KenTarry G0FIC, IMD Awards Manager, Cornish Amateur Radio Club, 38 Tresithney Road, Carharrack, Redruth, Cornwall TR16 5QZ, United Kingdom.
The cost of the Award is the same for all Classes, which is as follows:
$10.00 US (notes, NO cheques) , €10 (notes, NO cheques) , £5.00 Sterling. Please make cheques payable to "Cornish Radio Amateur Club" Only Sterling cheques can be accepted please, cheques in US $ or Euro, including Euro Cheques cost us more to negotiate at the Bank than we are charging for the award and once post and packing are considered we make a loss !
Only one HF/500 KHz radio contact with each IMD Special Event Station
(Participating Station) will count towards the Award.
The Award is NOT cumulative, i.e. contacts made in previous or subsequent years with an IMD station WILL NOT count towards the Award. The required number of Award Stations must be worked during the SAME 24 hour period.
Qualifying Bands: All bands from 160 Metres to 10 Metres plus 500 KHz,
(Note: Contacts on 6 Metres and above will not count towards the Award)
Modes Permitted: CW, SSB, FM, AM and available Digital Modes i.e RTTY, PSK31, JT65, SSTV
Award Stations For a list of IMD Award Stations, see our separate page – IMD Stations. This list is correct up to the time of the latest Web Page amendment. Only contacts from this list will be accepted for issue of the Award.
Facebook Page of IMD: https://www.facebook.com/International-Marconi-Day-GB4IMD-240224356030467/
Tks GB4IMD 4/22/16
22 April to 4 June l2016
ITALY CQ VESPA Award
Sponsored by the ARI Pontedera HAM Radio group, promote "CQ Vespa
Award" during the period from 22 April until 04 June 2016. All IARU band
and Modes are permitted, no repeaters or satellite communications.
You may contact the special event station IQ5DY one time per band/per mode for every day of the award period.
Jolly Station IQ5DY = 15 points.
Pontedera's YL members = 10 points
Other stations located in Pontedera = 5 Points.
Cost of the award:
Digital Award requires 100 points and is free of charge.
Award in printed format requires 200 points and the fee is €10 to cover mailing costs. Fees may be paid electronically to: IBAN: IT82Q0523271130000000002276 ARI PONTEDERA .
Tks SP9JPA 4/25/16
29 April to 12 May 2016
RUSSIA Great Victory Plaque
During the period from 29 April to 12 May 2016, a team composed of RV1CC, RW9AW, UA9AGR plan to take part in the celebration of the 71st year of Victory in Great Patriotic War (World War II) by operating along the route: Chelyabinsk - Aktobe - Kulsary - Nukus - Urgench - Bukhara - Tashkent - Chimkent - Kyzylorda - Baykonur - Aralsk - Aktobe - and Chelyabinsk.
For plaques you should earn at least 71 points. Each contact of the new district RDA, KDA and viloet (oblast) of Uzbekistan with call signs activated by the expedition/rally - namely - RC1M, RV1CC, RW9AW, UA9AGR gives 3 points. For plaques - at least one such contact with each of these stations is required. Other commemorative stations = 1 point with the call signs of "Victory Memorial-71" - RP71 **, as well as other commemorative callsign commemorating the 71th anniversary of the Victory - UP71 **, EM71 ** etc.
Duplicate contacts are allowed on different bands and different mode at the
For stations located outside Europe and Asia points multiply by factor of 2X.
Address any to the award manager at e-mail address shown at bottom.
The cost of plaques (with the shipment) - $ 49.
Manager (for sending applications) - Vladimir Sidorov, P.O.Box 127, St. Petersburg, 191186 RUSSIA or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tks OH3GZ 5/1/16
1 May to 31 December 2016
RUSSIA Diploma Soldiers of Victory
This award is devoted to Yuri Vladimirovich Nikulin from the series "Soldiers of Victory" which was established by radio amateurs of Safonovo City in honor of the 71st anniversary of the Victory in the Great Patriotic War over Nazi invaders. Yuri Nikulin born December 18, 1921 in the city of Smolensk region Demidov. In 2011, a monument was erected on the artist's homeland. During the Great Patriotic War, he fought near Leningrad and was demobilized in May 1946 with the rank of sergeant. During the war he was awarded the medal "For Courage", "For the Defense of Leningrad" and "For Victory over Germany". In 1985 he was awarded the Order of the Patriotic War II degree.
The award is issued in electronic form free of charge to all radio amateurs / observers who earn a minimum of 71 points.
1. Stations of the Smolensk region = 5 points, those making contact from the Demidov district = (SM-09) =10 points.
2. Amateur Radio stations of the Smolensk region with special call signs, which are dedicated to Victory Day, = 10 points.
3. For amateur radio stations from other continents, points are multiplied by 2.
The application for the award is your log extract (in electronic form) and sent to the e-mail address: email@example.com
Tks K1BV Research 5/12/16
Image in 2016 file: NIKULIN.
1 - 31 May 2016
GERMANY 65th Anniversary of the High Speed Club
In 2016, the Radio Telegraphy High Speed Club (HSC) celebrates its 65th anniversary. To mark this event, the HSC was granted the special DOK number HSC65 to be used by its club stations DAØHSC, DKØHSC and DLØHSC throughout the year.
The special call sign DP65HSC was assigned to HSC to be activated exclusively in CW. It will also use the special DOK number HSC65. Its HSC number is 1951, which is the year when the HSC was founded. This station may be operated in 2016 by any German HSC member upon special application. QSL via bureau, DCL or LoTW.
The HSC would like to encourage non-DL members to contact their telecommunication authorities in order to get permission to use a call sign similar to "xx65HSC". QSLs should be printed and handled by the applicant. They should be aware that HSC won't be able to cover any expenses.
Amateurs earning a minimum of 650 points in the HSC Marathon 2016 will be awarded a special trophy.
The HSC issues an award for which all HSC-CW-QSOs are valid for the award if
made during the month May 2016. Work as many HSC members and club calls as you
can! The following rules apply:
1. Date: May 1st to 31st, 2016
2. Mode: CW (A1A)
3. Valid QSO: QSO with HSC members count 1 point. They count only once, regardless of band.
Club call stations: Our three club stations DLØHSC, DKØHSC and DAØHSC count 3 points each. They count only once, regardless of band.
4. Special stations: Anniversary calls with the suffix of xx65HSC (currently DP65HSC, LZ65HSC, SQ65HSC, PA65HSC, PB65HSC) count 5 points each. They count only once, regardless of band.
5. You must achieve a minimum of 65 points
Fabian, DJ1YFK, has written a program for computing the final score by importing an ADIF file. This can be found at: http://www.hsc.dj1yfk.de
For application send a log excerpt (call, HSC number, date, band) to the HSC secretary via e-mail, address of http://www.hsc.lima-city.de/en/imprint.html . Awards in electronical format (PDF) are free of charged and will be sent via email. The fee for printed awards is 5 Euros. Payments should be accomplished through Paypal.
Special event stations "65 Years of HSC": As far as we know the following stations are active: DP65HSC, LZ65HSC, SQ65HSC, PA65HSC, PB65HSC. Please drop us an e-mail if you miss your callsign!
Tks DXFUN 5/16/16
May 1 to June 15, 2016
ITALY 36th Diploma and Contest Leonardo da Vinci 2016
1. Participation: Any world-wide OM and SWL can participate.
2. Period: starts at 00:00 UTC on May 1st 2016 and ends at 24:00 UTC on June 15th 2016.
3. Bands: all the HF frequencies, but no WARC are allowed.
4. Mode: SSB only.
5. Score: Stations outside of Europe need only 3 points or 3 SWL reports to receive the Diploma, while Italian or European stations need up to 10 points or 10 SWL reports. More than one contact with the same station is allowed but only if the contacts are made on different date or band. Contact with the same station made in a different band but same day, must be logged with at least one hour of interval.
6. Any contact or SWL report = 1 point. During the activity period mentioned, stations called "Jolly" might be on air and a contact with such station will be worth 3 points. During the Diploma period it's accepted only one contact a day on each band with only one Jolly station.
7. Every contact must be logged with:
A. progressive number
B. R-S report
C. QTR report
8. IQ5EM, a super "Jolly" Station of Empoli Radio Club, will be randomly active and any contact with such station it will be worth 5 points. Within 31st July 2016 all the world-wide OM and SWL (NOT Italian) who would have sent all the necessary documentation and logged at least 30 points will be ranked into the 36 th International Contest HF "Leonardo da Vinci" with awards for the 1 st world-wide OM, 1st world-wide SWL, 1st OM of each Continent, 1 st Eco Charlie, 1st Novice Argentina.
Maggiori informazioni http://www.diplomaeconcorsoleonardodavinci.it/
Tks DXFUN 5/3/16
1 - 30 May 2016
GERMANY Diploma "WHSC65"
For QSOs which take place in May 2016 the founding month of High Speed Club (HSC), a special diploma WHSC65 issued. The following rules apply:
1. Period of QSO: 1 to 31 May 2016
2. Mode: CW (A1A)
3. Point Values: QSOs with HSC members = 1 point. Each call sign may only be worked one time, regardless of the band.
4. Club Callsign: The three clubstations DLØHSC, DKØHSC and DAØHSC each count 3 points. Each club station may only be contacted one time, regardless of the band.
5. SPECIAL EVENT STATIONS from other countries may be used. Look for the same format such as xx65HSC (currently DP65HSC, LZ65HSC, SQ65HSC, PA65HSC) and each will count for 5 points. Each special call sign may only be contacted only once regardless of the band.
6. Point Requirements: 65 points must be earned.
7. To apply send a log extract (QSO with callsign list, HSC number, date, band,) send it to firstname.lastname@example.org . This is the e-mail address of the HSC secretary. There is no charge for an electronic certificate. The diplomas are sent for self-printing (PDF) via email. If you wish a printed diploma the fee of 5 Euro to cover printing and postage.Thise fee can be paid via PayPal.
Tks DIG Weekly Bulletin 4/29/16
1 - 15 May 2016
UKRAINE VICTORY - 71 Diploma
The Kirovograd regional radio club announced a jubilee Diploma program dedicated to 71-st anniversary of Victory in WW II.
Requirements: To obtain a "VICTORY -71" award it is necessary to make at least 3 (three) QSOs with the special evernt station EM71V /on different bands or different modes/, during period from 1 to 15 May of 2016.
The electronic certificate is offered free of charge. Send your requests to the award manager UR5VKX: email@example.com .
All stations may request a bureau card via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tks QRZ.com 4/29/16
1-22 May 2016 (First Period)
10-18 September 2016 (Second Period)
ITALY ORCOLAT 1976 - 2016
This award is sponsored by The Regional Committee of Friuli Venezia Giulia, with the close cooperation of the Sections ARI of Gorizia, ABLE, MANZANO, MONFALCONE, PORDENONE, SAN DANIELE, TRIESTE UDINE on the 40th anniversary of the historic earthquake, establishing a memorial diploma. The "Orcolat"is a recurrent figure in the folk tales of the region, a monster which was thought capable of triggering an earthquake. Since 1976, the term has become synonymous with the earthquake which struck the Friuli Region.
.Background: May 6 - Earthquake in Friuli, July 21, a series of shocks of the tenth grade Mercalli, with the epicenter at Mount St. Simeon, destroyed Gemona , Tarcento , Tricesimo , Venzone , Colloredo di Monte Albano , Buja , Tolmezzo , Bordon and a good part of Upper Friuli. There were 965 dead, 3,000 injured, and 45,000 homeless. On 11 -15 September - New earthquakes occurred in Friuli , in Gemona covering much of the Old Town that had previously withstood the shock of 6 May. From this tragic event, which marked the history and evolution of our country and helped create that consciousness of protection of life and environment, was born the Civil Protection system, able to react in case of emergency and to put in the field of forecasting and prevention. It continues today in in Friuli Venezia Giulia up to today.
Award Rules and Requirements:
1. Dates: The first period from 00.00 (UTC) of May 1 to 24.00 on 22 May 2016;
Second period from 00.00 (UTC) on September 10 at 24.00 of 18 September 2016.
2. Participation: open to radio amateurs and SWL around the world.
3. Modes: Emission modes: SSB, CW, RTTY, all digital modes;
4. Bands: 10, 15, 20, 40, 80, 160, 6, and 2 m
5. Look for stations calling:
A. voice "CQ ORCOLAT"
| B. for the CW and digital modes "CQ ORCO";
6. Jolly (Wild Card station): The station II3TF will be active for the duration of the diploma. Only on the days of May 06 and September 15, the jolly station will be operational at the Central Office of Civil Protection of Friuli Venezia Giulia with headquarters in Palmanova (UD), giving a additional points.
7. To obtain the diploma it is necessary to:
A. Make one Contact with the jolly station II3TF.
B Earn a Total of at least:
a. 60 points Italian stations;
b. 30 points stations not Italian;
c. 30 points for SWL.
8 Those stations who wish to participate to the special prizes: make contacts during in both periods (May and September);
9. Point Values:
a. 10 points with Jolly station from the seat of Civil Defense of Palmanova (UD) only in the days May 6 and September 15;
b. 5 points with the Jolly station on other days.;
c. 3 points: IQ3AZ - IQ3FX - IQ3GO - IQ3MF - IQ3MO - IQ3PN - IQ3TS - IQ3UD - IQ3UH;
d. 2 points: Resident stations or portable transmitting from locations in the following list. (For these locations are allowed activations by non-residents.)
e. List of places most affected by the earthquake of the Province of UDINE: Amaro - Artegna - Attimis - Bordon - Buja - Cassacco - Cavazzo Carnico - Colloredo di Monte Albano - Chiusaforte - Faedis - Forgaria in Friuli - Gemona del Friul i - Lusevera - Magnano in Riviera - Majano - Moggio Udinese - Montenars - Nimis - Osoppo - Pontebba - Resia - Resiutta - San Daniele del Friuli - Taipana - Tarcento - Tolmezzo - Trasaghis - Treppo Grande - Tricesimo - Venzone - Villa Santina.
f. Places most affected by the earthquake in the province of Pordenone: Castelnovo del Friuli - Poffabro - Clauzetto - Fanna - Frisanco - Meduno - Sequals - Spilimbergo - Tramonti di Sopra - di Sotto - Travesio - Vito Tramonti d'Asio.
g. 1 point: all other IV3 stations, IW3 of FVG and IV3 / xxx.
10. The same station can be contacted multiple times if QSOs made on different dates or on the same day but in bands and / or different modes.
11. Special Prize (A Plaque) for the station that has carried out the largest number of valid links.
12. Special Prize (A Targa) Section of the Friuli Venezia Giulia Region which carried more links with their call IQ3XX.
13. The Award consists of: in a print on A4 size paper.
14. Log - The extract of the station log, signed by the applicant, must be received by 30 October 2016, together with a copy of the payment of €. 10.00 (€. 11,00 via PayPal or Wire Bank) to partially repay expenses in the indicated in the following ways.
15. The IQ3 stations, iv3, IW3 and IV3 / <name> FVG participating in the event as amateur radio stations will receive award points free a certificate of partnership for making at least 300 QSOs made with Italian unique names. These stations, being closely related to the diploma, should send your log in ADI or ADIF format, directly to the e-mail: email@example.com .
16. Certificates will be issued to the stations that will operate from portable locations affected by the earthquakes and associated damage from the event listed above.
13. Refer to website http://www.ari-crfvg.it for official news of the event.
14. RULES 'OF REQUEST FOR PARTICIPATION DIPLOMA:
1) paper request: to be sent by 15 October 2016 (in case of late arrival the postmark will show if application was submitted on time. Sent to the address: ARI UDINE, Via A. Diaz, 58 33100 UDINE, ITALY. The request must be accompanied by a Self-adhesive label with your address above.
Example: LAST Name
Via ......................, nr. civic
00000 - Propriopaese (Sigla Province)
The label will be affixed on the envelope in which will be sent to the diploma.
Simultaneously he is asked to not send envelopes nor send or request QSL.
2) electronic request via "FORM" available on page http://www.ari-crfvg.it
3) The personal data will be integrated with the log send only format "ADI" or "ADIF" and copy of the payment of the aforesaid sum by transfer to the following account:
ARI Regional Committee of Friuli Venezia Giulia
Next Bank - branch in Piazza Paolo Ferrari 10-20121 Milan
4. If you want to make a donation via PayPal, it will already be available on the form the button for direct payment. YOU SHOULD NOT SEND POSTAL MONEY ORDERS.
Any agreements or clarifications can be obtained from: firstname.lastname@example.org
Coupon arrival of the log and the contribution, the sponsor will carry out a cross-check on the accuracy of data and if correct the applicant's name shall be entered on the website http://www.ari-crfvg.it , in the 'list of requests waiting to be processed.
The dispatch of the diploma will take place via Poste Italian or, if required, by e-mail format .pdf, in this case the 'entire contribution will be donated to charity.
Tks QRZ.com 4/18/16 (Sorry for the errors in translation, the rules seem to have been written by Italian lawyers.)
7 - 8 May 2016 (First Chance, during Indiana QSO Party)
(Second Chance period: Entire Calendar Year 2016)
USA INDIANA BICENTENNIAL COUNTY AWARD RULES
The Hoosier DX and Contest Club is sponsoring this award recognizing the 200th anniversary of the statehood of Indiana.
There are two opportunities to obtain the Indiana Bicentennial County Award.
1. Requirements: During the 2016 Indiana QSO Party (INQP) to be held from
1500 UTC May 7, 2016 to 0300 UTC May 8, 2016 contact each of the current 15
Indiana counties of Clark, Dearborn, Franklin, Gibson, Harrison, Jackson,
Jefferson, Knox, Orange, Perry, Posey, Switzerland, Warrick, Washington and
2. Any band allowed for use during the 2016 Indiana QSO Party.
3. Any mode allowed for use during the 2016 Indiana QSO Party.
4. No endorsements are available for band or mode.
5. No repeater or cross-mode contacts allowed.
6. Applicants must use The Hoosier DX and Contest Club application form. The application, in PDF format, is available for downloading from The Hoosier DX and Contest Club website (
9. Questions may be directed via e-mail email@example.com or via a SASE to the award manager.
1. Requirements: During the 2016 calendar year contact and verify via QSL
card each of the current 15 Indiana counties of Clark, Dearborn, Franklin,
Gibson, Harrison, Jackson, Jefferson, Knox, Orange, Perry, Posey, Switzerland,
Warrick, Washington and Wayne.
2. Any band.
3. Any mode.
4. Electronic confirmations are not allowed.
5. No endorsements are available for band or mode.
6. No repeater or cross-mode contacts allowed.
7. Applicants must use The Hoosier DX and Contest Club application form and GCR list.
8. The application and GCR list, in PDF format, are available for downloading from The Hoosier DX and Contest Club website (
Activators Section of Award Rules:
The award may also be earned by fixed, portable or mobile
stations which make contacts in support of the fixed stations who participate in
earning the award.
1. During the 2016 Indiana QSO Party an amateur radio operator must operate from one or more of the 15 listed counties comprising the State of Indiana on December 11, 1816:
Clark, Dearborn, Franklin, Gibson, Harrison, Jackson, Jefferson, Knox, Orange, Perry, Posey, Switzerland, Warrick, Washington and Wayne.
2. The activators must make at least 25 QSOs to qualify for the award. The 25 QSO minimum is an aggregate from one or more of the 15 qualifying counties.
3. This applies to fixed, portable, rover and mobile stations that meet the above criteria.
4. Example: a mobile operator travels through only 2 of the 15 counties during the 2016 INQP, makes 10 QSOs in one county and 15 in the second, the mobile station qualifies for the award. The same applies to rovers.
5. There is no need to apply for the award. HDXCC will send an activation certificate to all operators that qualify based on the logs submitted for the 2016 INQP.
6. These rules and the certificate can be found on the HDXCC website: http://www.hdxcc.org/inqp/index.html
Tks Mark Musick, WB9CIF 10/23/15
1- 28 May 2016
1 - 28 December 2016
Netherlands 35th Anniversary Section 54 VERON ( PI35ETL)
On the 23rd of May 1981, Section 54 of the VERON was founded. On 3rd of May 2016 Section 54 of the VERON observes its 35th anniversary which we will celebrate by using the special event call sign of PI35ETL. This special event call sign, PI35ETL, will be operated by several members of Section 54 of the VERON on HF and also in VHF on different bands and operating modes.
The special call PI35ETL will be used from:
a. Sunday 1st of May 2016 until Saturday 28th of May 2016
b. Thursday 1st of December 2016 until Wednesday 28th of December 2016
A special award (digital only) will also be issued for the special call
You can apply for the award if you meet one of the following conditions:
1. 2 QSO’s with PI35ETL on different band and/or modes
2. 1 QSO with PI35ETL and 1 QSO with a member of section 54 of the VERON during 2016
3. SWL: log 2 contacts with PI35ETL according 1. or 2.
Active members of section 54 of the VERON are: PA1ADG - PA1BR – PA1CPA – PA2CVD – PA9DD - PD0RWL – PE1RMO .
You can apply for the digital PI35ETL award by the award manager PD0RWL by filling out the form which appears if you click on http://www.pa1br.nl/pi35etl/ . If the form is completed correctly, you will automatically receive an email that the request has been received ) Check unwanted mail when send message is displayed but email is not received within 30 minutes.
You can apply for the award up to no later than 1 February 2017.
Tks PA2CVD 3/22/16
3 - 9 May 2016
Heroes of The Dedicated Tankers (Victory-71)
(71st Anniversary Victory over Fascism)
This certificate commemorates the 71st anniversary of the Victory over fascism, a tribute to the memory of those who defended Russia in WWII including those who forged victory by their work in the rear, in a sign of deep respect and thanks for their contribution to the victory over fascism. . The award "WIN-71" is offered by the radio amateurs of Lieven, Club radio RW3E, RT3E.
Award Rules: "VICTORY - 71"
1. The award may be earned by hams and observers all over the world.
2. Dates for valid QSOs are May 3 - 9, 2016.
3. All bands, HF and VHF may be used to make contacts.
4. REQUIREMENT: To obtain the award it is necessary to make 71 QSO with memorial stations who can be recognized by use of the RP71 prefix. Most will be Russian stations, but there will be some from other countries with special. call signs of these
countries formed in honor of Victory Day.
5. All modes including SSB, CW, and digital modes OK.
6. REQUIRED QSOs: radio stations with special memorial call signs of RP71IL, RP71NP, RP71O.
7. Repeated contacts OK if made on different bands, different days and using different modes.
8. SWLs may participate on similar conditions according to their status.
9. The application should be based on a log extract, communicated by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org The log extract should be in the form of a list in a text file such as (Cabrillo, ADIF, TXT, etc.).
which should contain: date, time, band, mode, call sign, report, (call sign of the second correspondent for SWL), as well as all information about the Applicant (name, full address), and the total number of contacts that are claimed. The subject line should follow this format: (Your call sign) CALL SIGN POBEDA_71
10. Applicants who meet the conditions of the award rules, can obtain the Diploma in electronic form, stating in his application the recipient's email address.
11. Diploma "Victory-71" is free and will be sent only in electronic form!
12. Acceptance of applications for diploma begins10 May 2016 . The final date that applications are accepted is 5 August 2016.
Also Internet: http://www.qrz.ru/awards/detail/3089.html
Tks QRZ.ru 4/28/16
Tanker 71 - WWII commemoration image.
This was the award design used for last year’s activity. Probably a new one this year.
6 - 22 May 2016
RUSSIA Plaque "2016 ICE HOCKEY WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP" RUSSIA.
A handsome plaque is available for contacting special event stations at the
2016 IIHF World Hockey Championship, which this year will take place in Russia,
in the cities of Moscow and St. - Petersburg during the period 6 to 22 May.
To earn the plaques it will be necessary to contact (or SWL/observation) with each of the 16 special stations, using any bands and modes during the days of activity (6 - 22 May 2016). A contact with R16REF supersedes any two missing stations. (Amateur radio operators in North and South America, Africa and Oceania need only contact eight of the special stations.)
Alternatively, you need to earn 60 points, according to the provisions of the diploma. At the same time, each contact with a special station = 2 points. Ham radio operators in North and South America, Africa, Australia and Oceania will earn 4 points for each special event station. . In this case, the allowed repetitions may be for contacts on different bands and different modes.
The plaques are 200 x 250 mm in size and constructed on a glossy silver material.
Cost of Plaques:
1. Russian stations: 1700 rubles Sberbank card.
2. CIS countries 2200 rubles through Unistream or WESTERN UNION.
3. Foreign radio amateurs $US44 or 39€. Payment may be made via PayPal.
4. The price includes shipping by registered post with track number, Avia-mail.
The first radio amateur to fulfill the conditions of earning the plaque, get
it for free at number # 001.
The first three teams - promoters, who have spent the greatest amount of a QSO, plaques will also be sent free of charge.
Questions and requests in a free form, may be addressed to: email@example.com
More information will appear soon on the official website of the program: hockey2016.hamlog.ru
Tks OH3GZ 4/26/16
14 - 16 May 2016
NETHERLANDS Dutch National Windmill and Waterpumpstation Weekend
On Saturday and Sunday, 14th/15th May 2016 the Netherlands will be holding a National Windmill and Pumping Station weekend during which many antique windmills and pumping stations will be open to the public to view.
For many years, in the U.K., the events of this weekend have been shared with amateur radio stations and became known as the ‘Mills on the Air’ weekend. In 2009 Jelle (PD5JFK) and Bernard (PB7Z) decided to set up for the first time their own special radio station to contact mills in Holland and elsewhere in Europe and so advertise the opening of Windmills and Pumping Stations. This proved to be so popular with millers and volunteers alike that they were encouraged to repeat this promotion each year and this year is the 8th year.
A list of participating sites is shown on their website.
This year for the first time the award program is extended to be international and include all radio stations at mills not only in Holland but worldwide.
This Award can be earned by any station working:
a) Six different windmills or pumping stations or,
b) Six QSO’s with windmills or pumping stations on different Bands/Modes.
There is only one way to receive the Award. We offer the free pdf award via email beginning this year, 2016. No printed paper version will be offered.
The Award program is open also to SWL’s and winners will have a special PDF version sent via email. We require the log be sent by e-mail showing the QSO’s of both sides of the contact. The Award will be free sent via email.
The Award can be applied via: firstname.lastname@example.org
E-mail for registering windmills is: email@example.com
Tks Ukraine QRP Club 2/12/16
29 - 30 April 2016
POLAND DIPLOMA - HUBAL
This award is organized and sponsored by the School Amateur Radio Club SP7PTM, in Tomaszow Mazowiecki, Poland. Special event station SP0H will celebrate the 76 th anniversary of the end of detachment Polish Army of Major "Hubal ' Henryk Dobrzanski, who died on 30 April, 1940. To earn the award, you must make at least one QSO/SWL with the special event station SP0H during the period 29 April 2016 to – 30 April 2016.
All bands and modes are OK. Diploma is issued in electronic form and
sent to e-mail address specified in your e-mail message.
Send a log extract of your contact with SP0H to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The application should include:
- A call sign of the station
- Full name of the operator
- Date/time of communications conducted with SP0H
Tks QRZ.com 4/29/16
NORFOLK ISLAND WIA Award for Norfolk Island
The rare DX entity of Norfolk Island will host the 2016 Wireless Institute of Australia annual general meeting and other events on 27, 28 and 29 May 2016, A short term award has been developed to recognize a large number of active stations on this rare island on the dates which precede and following the general meeting.
Called the Norfolk Island Award-2016, it requires making contact with stations over a two week period (May-June) 2016 that are expected to attend the Wireless Institute of Australia annual general meeting. There will be plenty of activity at this very rare DX entity in what is believed to be the biggest Amateur Radio DXpedition of its kind. If you still need Norfolk Island, this spurt of activity is expected to be popular with award seekers and DXers throughout the world.
The commemorative special event station for WWI, VI9ANZAC, will be active and of course will count for Norfolk Island., Other stations expected are VK9NT, the WIA Station VK9WI, some QRP activity, and individual call signs that take advantage of being on the DX entity for this event.
1. Stations on Norfolk Island need to log 20 other stations on Norfolk Island
2. All other operators have to log 10 contacts on Norfolk Island during the award period.
Each qualifying station may be worked once only on a frequency band, and will count for additonal award QSOs if contacted on other bands.
Applying for the award: Claims for the Norfolk Island Award must include a log extract of qualifying contacts, the payment of $5, and be sent to: WIA Office, PO Box 2042, Bayswater Victoria, Australia, 3153.
Tks VK3PC and W2VU 1/26/16
17th to 23rd May 2016
60 Anos Tropas Paraquedistas CR60P
Volunteer operators at CR60P for this award include:
CT1EHX Miguel CT1IUA Mike
CT1CQK Luis Filipe CT2IHP Rui
CT2IUK Anderson CT1EEC Carlos
From 20 to 23 May, they will be active from the Airborne Base in Tancos.
A diploma will be awarded to those who contact CR60P on least 5 different qso's/band slots.
The special event station will be active from 10m to 80m SSB, CW and Digi.
To request the diploma please send qso list to: email@example.com
Tks DX SUMMIT 5/17/16
20 May to 5 June 2016
12th DIPLOMA "COTA" 2016
With the support of the General Command of the Carabinieri, and on the occasion of the 202nd anniversary of the foundation of the Carabinieri, the Amateur Radio Association Carabinieri COTA has established the 12th COTA 2016.
A. Participation: The award is open to all Italian and foreign OM and SWL.
B. Period: From 07:00 hours UTC on 20 May 2016 at 19:00 UTC on June 5, 2016.
C. Bands: HF bands: 3.5 MHz (80 mt.), 7 MHz (40 mt.), 14 MHz (20 mt.), 21 Mhz (15 mt.) In the segments recommended by the IARU.
D. Modes: SSB, CW, Digital (for digital mode means any of PSK31-63-125, RTTY).
E. Contacts with COTA members may be made with the same station several times a day as long as different bands and modes are used. For digital mode QSO’s, only one daily band whatever the digital mode.
F. All stations are worth 1 (one) point in SSB, 3 (three) points in CW and Digital.
Stations valid for the Diploma:
The complete list of valid stations to compete for the achievement of the 12th COTA will be published on the website http://www.cota.cc The list above is current only to Mid-May.
Special call signs will be active during the award time: HPØCC (in collaboration with the Radio Club of Panama), HG1ØCC (in collaboration with the Radio Club IPA Hungary), IQ3JB Local Group of Gorizia; IQØJC Local Group Umbria, IQ5QG Local Group of Pisa, IQ5XJ Local Group Elba, IQ6WG COTA Local Group of Ascoli Piceno, II5ANC (celebratory Station 130th anniversary of the ANC National Association of Police constitution), II1NEC (celebratory Station Core Police helicopters) and IQ6CC that in all modes and bands provided will be worth:
G. Values for special stations:
A. Special stations IQ6CC, HPØCC, II5ANC, II1NEC and HG1ØCC: = 8 points (in addition to the active bands provided, also in 10, 12, 17 and 30 meters)
B. Special station: IQ3JB, IQØJC, IQ5QG, IQ5XJ, IQ6WG, = 5 points)
C. Jolly station (when chosen = 3 points.
D. Core Helicopters Police: II1NEC the station will also be active from Command 1st NEC Volpiano (TO) and the Command of the 15th NEC Villanova d'Albenga (SV). All the contacts to the occasion = 10 points.
E. Only one contact per day for the same station using same band and mode.
Alternatively: hard copy via regular mail with mandatory use of the form "COTA Application Form" published on the website www.cota.cc and sent to: (Amateur Radio Association Carabinieri COTA - PO Box 28-60022 Castelfidardo (Ancona), Italy).
Sent by e-mail with compilation and submission of the "COTA Application Form" to the e-mail form firstname.lastname@example.org
The application must include:
Name of the station OM / YL / SWL participant
Name, surname and exact postal address where to send the 12th COTA
Your email address
Attach: extract full station log on paper and duly signed bearing, contacted station name, date, band or frequency, mode, sequence number obtained (if required) and value, detail and total score, along with the receipt of payment of the required sum, a personal QSL (if available).
L. Payment: for obtaining the Diploma is required to pay as follows:
12,00 Euro (Italian and European stations)
18,00 Euros or $ 20.00 (non-European stations)
- Payment can be made the following means:
a) Payment on postal c / c number 000060567955 made out to: Amateur Radio Association Carabinieri COTA, PO Box 28, 60022 Castelfidardo (AN) Italy
b) Italian stations only may be pay by Money transfer: IBAN: IT 04 L 07601 02600 000060567955; BIC: BPPIITRRXXX
(Note: bank transfers from non-European Union countries are not accepted)
c) Paypal (form on website www.cota.cc
J. The proceeds, net of management fees will be donated to the "ONAOMAC"
(Opera National Assistance Force Orphans Carabinieri www.onaomac.it
Tks DXFUN 5/20/16
24 May 2016
"What Hath God Wrought?" (WHGW)
On the 24th of May in 1844, a significant event happened on an experimental telegraph line over the 40 kilometer distance between the cities of Washington and Baltimore. It was the occasion of the transmission of the first Morse code message with the text "WHAT HATH GOD WROUGHT" («Divna thy work, o Lord "). This was the beginning of the practical use of Morse code and this date is now celebrated as "International HF CW DAY (" International Day of Activity using CW on HF "). In honor of this event Russian Club R-CW-C offers a commemorative diploma "WHGW".
Rules for this memorable diploma:
1. Date: May 24, 2016 year (12:00 UTC 23:59 UTC).
2. Bands: 160-10 Mtrs (WARC inclusive).
3. Modulation type: (CW)
4. Communication should be undertaken:
a -For members and guests of the Club RCWC (EU stations; EUROPEAN RUSSIA; ASIAN RUSSIAN; Middle East): make no less than 20 CW QSOs (including 5 RCWC members).
b.-For members and guests of the Club RCWC (AFRICAN stations; ANTARCTIC; NORTH AMERICA; SOUTH AMERICA; OCEANIA; Far East): not less than 10 CW QSO (including 3 members RCWC).
5. Repeated QSOS are permitted if bands are different for each.
6. The diploma count connection carried out May 24, 2016 year how everyday and in all competitions and days of activity taking place that day.
7. Observers (SWL) must hear at least 50 different 2-way radio observations.
Application for diploma
1. Should be in the form of a log extract in any format that includes call sign of the applicant, plus their name, surname and E-Mail address.
2. You should apply no later than 24 JUNE 2016.
3. Send list to R7AO at address shown below.
Tks 9A1AA 5/21/16
4 - 5 June 2016
USA MUSEUM SHIPS WEEKEND EVENT
This award is sponsored by The Battleship New Jersey Amateur Radio Station to publicize ship based museums all over the world during the weekend of 0000Z June 4, to 2359Z June 5, 2016.
All stations that contact at least 15 different ships of those participating (link is shown below) will receive a certificate if they send a copy of their log entries showing these contacts. Working the same ship on different frequencies DOES NOT count as 2 ships. Working a ship not listed will not count, only ones on the official registered listing.
Additional ships wishing to participate should send a note to email@example.com with the name of ship, call sign, location and contact info for person responsible. If you are having trouble reaching the museum e-mail address, please send info to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Their website will contain the latest listing of ships which plan to be active. It will be in the form of an excel spreadsheet with all ships listed by 1) call sign 2) ship name 3) type of ship
It is not yet available for 2016, but will be posted on Friday June 3, 2016 just before the start of the event. At this time (May 20th, there are 98 ships listed on their web page.)
While operation on any amateur frequency is allowed, most ships will be operating in the General portion of the bands:
3,860 KHz 3,539 KHz
7,260 KHz 7,039 KHz
------------- 10,109 KHz
14,260 KHz 14,039 KHz
18,160 KHz 18,079 KHz
21,360 KHz 21,039 KHz
24,960 KHz 24,899 KHz
28,360 KHz 28,039 KHz
50,160 KHz 50,109 KHz
EVENT PSK 31 OPERATIONS:14.070 MHz 10.142 MHz 18.100 MHz 21.070 MHz 28.120 MHz
Fee for the award is $US1 which will cover any costs. Send list and fee to: Battleship New Jersey Amateur Radio Station, C/o 150 Schooner Ave., Barnegat, NJ 08005, USA. The awards will be mailed in November.
18-19 June 2016
25-26 June 2016
ENGLAND/GERMANY International Museums Weekends 2016
An Amateur Radio Special Event Taking Place on the Weekends of 18th - 19th and 25th - 26th June
The intention of the event is to set up amateur radio special event stations at as many of the museums as possible throughout the whole of the world. The choice of museum is also left very much up to you, however aim for the largest and/or most unusual site you can find. The museums taking part over the years have included ships, castles, air museums, Napoleonic forts, pumping stations, wireless museums, racing museums and many others. For the purposes of the event, the word 'museum' is loosely interpreted.
During the first IMW in 2002 over 80 museums from all over the world took part. The museums varied from tiny local village museums manned by a single lone operator, to some of the worlds most prestigious ones. These were accompanied by a great number of military museum sites, such as HMS Belfast in London, the Battleship New Jersey in the US, RAF museums as well as very many non-military types.
At least part of the intention for this event, is to present modern amateur radio to members of the public and to help us loose some of the stuffy anorak image. What better place to do this than in the very public and well visited areas of the many museums which can be found in most parts of the world?
Award Requirement: These awards will be in PDF format sent out by E-Mail and will be free of charge. The awards will be for 5 or 20 IMW registered stations worked and one for SWLs for 10 registered stations heard. To claim the awards send a log extract with : Your Email Address, Name and Call-Sign.
Your logs should include :-
- registration number from the IMW website list
- call of the museum station worked
- time in UTC
- and in case of SWLs: callsign of the station worked by the museum station
Please include all IMW stations worked as the Awards will show exactly how many you worked in total not just the required 5 or 20 or 10. The log extracts can be in any the following formats: txt, doc/docx, xls/xlsx, pdf, jpg and should be sent to The Awards Manager , Hans Jurgen-Schmelzer DE3EAR, by Email email@example.com .
Tks QRZ.com 5/20/16
Image : Museumweekend2016 in 2016 image file
22-25 July 2016
RUSSIA The Volzhsky Diploma
Sponsored by the Radio club "Friends" Volzhsky (Radio Club "Comrade" Volzhsky). To obtain the award this year (2016), make contacts with stations shown below between 22 and 24 July 2016. (These are special days of activity) Stations from Volzhski town to make at least 62 QSOs , and for all others, to earn 62 points.
Individual Stations located in town of Volzhski (Volgograd region). = 5 points.
Collective/club station RC4AC = 10 points.
Collective/club stations UE09VG and UE62VLZ = 15 points
Repeated contacts are permitted if made on different bands and in different modes. (Except mixed).
During the days of activity of the Volga individual stations listed will be active. Look for: R4AF, R4AS, R4BA, RA4AGB, RA4ALZ, RA4AOI, RA4APM, RA4AV, RC4A, RN4AAL, RN4ACU, RN4ADI, RN4AE, RN4AH, RN4AL, RN4AZ, RQ4A, RT4B , RW4AU, RZ4AJ, RZ4AP, UA4AAS , UA4AFM, UA4AGP, UA4AKR, UA4APP, UA4ATL, UA4AVN, UA4BT, UG4A.
An application for the award is should be in the format of a log extract (with all the basic data on the contacts shown, such as: Date, Band, UTC, Call , Mode, Name, QTH in any form (preferably at ADIF) format sent by e-mail at the following address: RA4AV@mail.ru
The DIPLOMA is free of charge and will be sent in electronic form by e- Mail Address to the address of the applicant.
Tks QRZ.ru 5/22/16