Welcome to the world of amateur radio achievement, geography and history!
AWARDS BLOG VIEWING FILES FOR THE FUTURE.........
13 August 2019
Three new awards today.
1. Permanent - Denmark - Danish Island Award
Denmark truly has a LOT of islands.
2. Permanent - Latvia - Dipl. Latvia.
3. Very Short - Ukraine - 225th Anniversary City of ODESSA.
14 August 2019
The LABRE is the licensing body for Brazil. They have been busy, adding some 13 awards which serve many interests such as separate for large cities of Brazil, managing a huge lighthouse and island program, plus many, many others.
This file has been sent to the PERMANENT file until the end of the year, when it will be moved into the BRAZIL files.
Text was translated to English.
15 August 2019
Two new ones today.
1. Permanent - Argentina -Radio Club of Ulogne Award.
This award requires a very reasonable a couple QSOs. The Argentines write a complicated set of requirements which are a lot easier to do than to try to read them. A handsome award anyway.
2. Very Short - Romania - Szeklerland Biking Tour.
Very nice image.
16 August 2019
Two Permanent new awards today.
1. Permanent - USA - Flying Pigs QRP Club
Based on the whimsy: "When pigs fly,..................."
1. Permanent - Poland - Polish Old Timers Club
Honors the old timers by making contacts good for the award.
===============================================18 August 2019
1. Very Short - Ukraine - 235th Anniversary Melitopol City
A very nice image on their cities anniversary.
19 August 2019
1. Very Short - Cuba - Over 30 Anniversary as a club.
2. Very Short - USA Illinois - One of the oldest clubs (90 years).
20 August 2019
Two awards this evening.
1. Very Short - USA Washington 3 Liberty.
During the Revolutiionary War 1776, a little known hiding of the "Liberty Bell" was secretly moved away from British and was hidden by farmers. I have added the URL which has some interesting colonial images cover this event.
2. Permanent - Bulgaria - Ovetch Award.
Commemorates the old castle and remnants in town of Plovdiv.
Organization of the files for this site:
There are many ways to provide information about awards. I have chosen to show the rules into separate files:
1. Very short data lives briefly, from a few days to a few months.
2. Annual/Short awards provide rules that cover more than a few months, and up to a year. Then they disappear.
3. Long term is just that. Forever, perhaps, but designed for long term usage, well over a year.
Info (with exception of permanent awards) are listed in random order on those pages that show rules. I remove items that are too old, or at the end of the term, and the item is deleted or transferred.
One of my problems is to provide you with a way to find the rules on my pages, quickly as possible.
My hosting company does not yet support the anchor link. But there's a way to get one to work. On the table at the top of each list of awards, I have used a table cell that carries a 4 digit letter/number key: such as A133.
If you open your browsers "FIND" function and just type this letter/number key into your browser, it will take about a millisecond for your browser to find that information. Try it. It's fast!
I hope to re-build the DXAWARDS website, over the next few months.
The most popular pages have been the new awards, broken down into Very Short, Annual and Permanent ones. (The online directory will take a lot of work, but it's in my plans. I want to modernize the USACA pages, and make it easier to provide useful information for county hunters.
The section just below this paragaph is a suggested way to do this work. As pages are added, I will make sure as new pages are added, that a link is available from the home page. Completed pages are Red/Bold/Underlined.
1. index - Home Page
2. veryshortVery Short Term Awards
3. Annual/Short Term Awards (added 2 on 9/12/17)
4/ Conversion to current "older" data.
5. February 26. All "permanent" files placed into alphabet sensitive pages. This will be the baseline list of permanent awards. As pages get filled in and hard to work with, I will assign countries their own pages. This is just the beginning.....................
6. List of individual state County Awards of the USA
7. Table describing a group of VERY large award programs. (25-100 awards)
MISCELLANEOUS TIPS, FACTS, and NOTIFICATION:
1. Your help is always appreciated. It can cover changed rules, posting of new awards, sponsors who don't reply to your applications, and dead URL's. If your club or group sponsors awards, and needs some publicity, feel free to send the rules and a sample of the award.
2. Since the late 1990's, I've written the awards column for CQ Magazine. From floppy disks to e-mail, it has been quite an experience. I retired from that position in December.
My mailing address is Ted Melinosky K1BV, 12 Wells Woods Road, Columbia, CT. 06237.
My e-mail is: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Foreign Postage: I recommend the services of Bill Plum whose e-mail address is: email@example.com .
4. Copyright 2019 by Theodore F. Melinosky
The K1BV DX Awards Directory