Welcome to the world of amateur radio achievement, geography and history!
AWARDS BLOG VIEWING FILES FOR THE FUTURE.........
6 September 2019
Two awards today:
1. Permanent - CQC Group (Colorado). Emphasis on Colorado counties.
2. Permanent - The CQC Group (Colorado) emphises on working members of the Club.
7 September 2019
1. Very Short - Grand Canyon 100th Anniversary.
A beautiful National Park, and highly recommended to visit for everyone someday.
2. Very Short - Lazovija - 150. Railroad anniversary in the era of Steam.
9 September 2019
Here's a bunch (4) all Very Short award. Now if we could only have some propagation. Ted K1BV
Here starts the beginning............................
5 October 2019
I've been looking for interesting awards for the past two days. I swear that activity is lower because of poor band conditions, but with the on-set of October, perhaps we will get more awards. Any way, here are 4 new ones:
1. Annual Short -Switzerland - 90 Anniv of ham Union.
I did not know there was a award segment of their prefixes, and all are still go up to the end of 2019.
2. Permanent - Mexico - these stations are active and often WPX interesting info.
3. VERY SHORT - Austria - Animal protection Day.
4. VERY SHORT - Netherlands - this is the second promotion from an earlier Class of his art work. Always impressive to see.
6 October 2019
If I'm not mistaken, Cyprus is a pretty rare contact these times. Here's an award just for that.
PERMANENT - Cyprus - the ZC4 Award
7 October 2019
Two very short items and the Danish program of some 15 very interesting. The short term items are all Very Short. I've been working on the Danish awards, and you will see a very comprehensive listing of 15 awards.
8 October 2019
Just one item -
1. VERY SHORT - Greece - Kozani City.
Exotic Greek with no cost, very nice.
==================================9 October 2019
1. PERMANENT - England/UK - The awards program for the RSGB. Very popular among award hunters. The "Empire, you see.......
Organization of the files for this site:
There are many ways to provide information about awards. I have chosen to show the rules into separate files:
1. Very short data lives briefly, from a few days to a few months.
2. Annual/Short awards provide rules that cover more than a few months, and up to a year. Then they disappear.
3. Long term is just that. Forever, perhaps, but designed for long term usage, well over a year.
Info (with exception of permanent awards) are listed in random order on those pages that show rules. I remove items that are too old, or at the end of the term, and the item is deleted or transferred.
One of my problems is to provide you with a way to find the rules on my pages, quickly as possible.
My hosting company does not yet support the anchor link. But there's a way to get one to work. On the table at the top of each list of awards, I have used a table cell that carries a 4 digit letter/number key: such as A133.
If you open your browsers "FIND" function and just type this letter/number key into your browser, it will take about a millisecond for your browser to find that information. Try it. It's fast!
FOR THE FUTURE:
I hope to re-build the DXAWARDS website, over the next few months.
The most popular pages have been the new awards, broken down into Very Short, Annual and Permanent ones. (The online directory will take a lot of work, but it's in my plans. I want to modernize the USACA pages, and make it easier to provide useful information for county hunters.
The section just below this paragaph is a suggested way to do this work. As pages are added, I will make sure as new pages are added, that a link is available from the home page. Completed pages are Red/Bold/Underlined.
1. index - Home Page
2. veryshortVery Short Term Awards
3. Annual/Short Term Awards (added 2 on 9/12/17)
4/ Conversion to current "older" data.
5. We are proceeding with the process and begin to go through printouts from the K1BV original files that go back to 2002. (This was saved from the big "crash". At the present time, about 90% of all awards in the old system were DEAD, DEFUNCT and USELESS. I am verifying each and every award is VALID. I am up to the files of denmark, and england 1. Now, england 2 tomorrow. 10/9/19.
6. List of individual state County Awards of the USA
7. Table describing a group of VERY large award programs. (25-100 awards)
MISCELLANEOUS TIPS, FACTS, and NOTIFICATION:
1. Your help is always appreciated. It can cover changed rules, posting of new awards, sponsors who don't reply to your applications, and dead URL's. If your club or group sponsors awards, and needs some publicity, feel free to send the rules and a sample of the award.
2. Since the late 1990's, I've written the awards column for CQ Magazine. From floppy disks to e-mail, it has been quite an experience. I retired from that position in December.
My mailing address is Ted Melinosky K1BV, 12 Wells Woods Road, Columbia, CT. 06237.
My e-mail is: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Foreign Postage: I recommend the services of Bill Plum whose e-mail address is: email@example.com .
4. Copyright 2019 by Theodore F. Melinosky
The K1BV DX Awards Directory