Welcome to the world of amateur radio achievement, geography and history!
AWARDS BLOG VIEWING FILES FOR THE FUTURE.........
November 30, 2018
Very Short - December YOTA List of Call Signs Released:
Info Source: 425 DX News - #1439
YOTA MONTH ---> The Youngsters On The Air group will be active again during the entire month of December. The idea for this event is to show the amateur radio hobby to youth and to encourage youngsters to be active on the ham radio waves. Announced participating stations include 4O18YOTA, 5H3YOTA, 6V1YOTA, 9A18YOTA, AO1YOTA, AO5YOTA, AP3YOTA, DF0YOTA, EG2YOTA, ET3AA,
GB18YOTA, HA6YOTA, HB9YOTA, HG0YOTA, II3YOTA, II5YOTA, LY5YOTA, OE0YOTA, OH2YOTA, OL18YOTA, OM18YOTA, ON4YOTA, PA6YOTA, PD6YOTA, R18YOTA, SH9YOTA, TF3YOTA, TM18YOTA, WK1DS/YOTA, YT18YOTA, YU18YOTA, Z30YOTA, Z39YOTA, Z60YOTA, and ZL6YOTA. QSLs via Club Log's OQRS or direct to M0SDV. Information on the event and the awards can be found at https://events.ham-yota.com/.
December 2, 2018
The FIRST all fully in the new year 2019. is added!
1. Annual Short - 50th Anniversary of Radio Club Hamburg-Alstaral (HAD50). It also marks the adding and removing of 490 awards covered in the past year.
I will be cleaning out the VERY SHORT awards items soon, and much the same for the Annual Short listing. I plan to start moving the 2018 PERMANENT items into files of their own, all kept in alphabetical order. THEN, I should be positioned to start adding the full K1BV DX AWARDS DIRECTORY to follow, little by little.
December 4, 2018
Argentina has finished a large re-writing of its National Award program. They have done a very good job, although all costs, including digital award production have been raised to very high levels.
1 Permanent - Argentina - English language rules have been added, some new ones added.
December 6, 2018
Two awards today.
1. Serbia - Very Short - AD Aeroput society honoring air traffic controller. Somewhat obscure, but a nice prefix for collectors.
2. Belgium - Permanent Award - Small series of interesting awards, one being the coats of arms of the 10 Provinces that make up Belgium and the other being a Postal Code number, where you go through all your ON QSLs to get a count of a million or so in aggregated zip codes. Kind of fun, and everybody wins.
December 9, 2018
One award today - was active in the ARRL 10 Meter Contest (CW). 120 contacts, about 20 states, but mostly New England. Conditions were poor, but one PY and one from Aruba.
1. Japan - Fauna Flora Series - Permanent.
Thanks for the JA's for using English for this award.
December 11, 2018
Two new ones.
1. Russia - Permanent - Diploma Vladimir..
2. Ukraine - Very Short - Radio Club "Signal". Observes their 25th anniversary.
December 13, 2018
Two new ones:
1, Annual Short - Skierniewicki Short Wave Club SP7PBC.
55th Anniversary of the Founding of the club. Expires in October 2019, so you have a better chance than usual!
2. Permanent - Luxembourg - The Luxembourg Award. One of the tiny, small countries of Europe. We visited about 5 years ago. Many castles and ruins, open air shops and places to have lunch surrounded by it's history.
December 14, 2018
Two brand new ones popped up.
1. Very Short - Russia -115th Anniv of Arctic Explorer Ernst Krenkel who was a legendary explorer and also set numerous records for long distance HF propagation.
2. Very Short - Italy - Italian Constitution replaced the monarchy after WWII.
Organization of the files for this site:
There are many ways to provide information about awards. I have chosen to show the rules into separate files:
1. Very short data lives briefly, from a few days to a few months.
2. Annual/Short awards provide rules that cover more than a few months, and up to a year. Then they disappear.
3. Long term is just that. Forever, perhaps, but designed for long term usage, well over a year.
Info (with exception of permanent awards) are listed in random order on those pages that show rules. I remove items that are too old, or at the end of the term, and the item is deleted or transferred.
One of my problems is to provide you with a way to find the rules on my pages, quickly as possible.
My hosting company does not yet support the anchor link. But there's a way to get one to work. On the table at the top of each list of awards, I have used a table cell that carries a 4 digit letter/number key: such as A133.
If you open your browsers "FIND" function and just type this letter/number key into your browser, it will take about a millisecond for your browser to find that information. Try it. It's fast!
I hope to re-build the DXAWARDS website, over the next few months.
The most popular pages have been the new awards, broken down into Very Short, Annual and Permanent ones. (The online directory will take a lot of work, but it's in my plans. I want to modernize the USACA pages, and make it easier to provide useful information for county hunters.
The section just below this paragaph is a suggested way to do this work. As pages are added, I will make sure as new pages are added, that a link is available from the home page. Completed pages are Red/Bold/Underlined.
0. index - Home Page
1. Background of Award Hunting (working on this 10/19/17)
2. veryshortVery Short Term Awards
3. Annual/Short Term Awards (added 2 on 9/12/17)
5. ACCESS the K1BV DX AWARDS directory.
6. Info for the County Hunter
7. List of individual state County Awards of the USA
9. Table of VERY large award programs. (25-100 awards)
(This one should be coming pretty soon!! 9/18/18
MISCELLANEOUS TIPS, FACTS, and NOTIFICATION:
1. Your help is always appreciated. It can cover changed rules, posting of new awards, sponsors who don't reply to your applications, and dead URL's. If your club or group sponsors awards, and needs some publicity, feel free to send the rules and a sample of the award.
2. Since the late 1990's, I've written the awards column for CQ Magazine. From floppy disks to e-mail, it has been quite an experience. I administer the USA County Award. 3077 counties.
My mailing address is Ted Melinosky K1BV, 12 Wells Woods Road, Columbia, CT. 06237.
My e-mail is: email@example.com
3. Foreign Postage: I recommend the services of Bill Plum whose e-mail address is: firstname.lastname@example.org .
4. Copyright 2018 by Theodore F. Melinosky
The K1BV DX Awards Directory