Welcome to the world of amateur radio achievement, geography and history!
AWARDS BLOG VIEWING FILES FOR THE FUTURE.........
March 16, 2018
All of a sudden, we find a group of awards.
1. Permanent - Estonia - a tribute to the Russian speaking half of the country.
2. Permanent - Russia - interesting name: Usvyaty, Love.
3. Annual Short - South Korean Winter Olympics. FINALLY found their award program. If you have heard/worked any of the stations at the event, the award can be applied for up to the year 2020.
4. Very Short - Spain reminds us of the World Day recognizing Down Syndrome continues to afflict many youngsters from all countries.
March 17, 2018
Three more awards today, including the completion of a Belgian World War One which started in 2015, matching the length of that conflict
1. Permanent: Russian award publicizing Municipality of Vladikavkaz.
2. Annual Short: Poland celebrates the 100th anniv of Polish Scouting. This will start in November, they are off to a early start.
3. Annual Short: Belgian "UBA 14-18" representing the 5 years of WWI and finishing up this year. Lots of activity the first year, but slowed down.
March 19, 2018
Two more new ones:
1. Permanent - The Portuguese Prefix Award. Check your CT prefixed QSL's. Coincidentally, about 2 days ago, I QSOed CR140AA on 20 CW.
2. Annual Short - England's air force, the Royal Air Force starts a year of celebration on April 1.
Organization of the files for this site:
There are many ways to provide information about awards. I have chosen to show the rules into separate files:
1. Very short data lives briefly, from a few days to a few months.
2. Annual/Short awards provide rules that cover more than a few months, and up to a year. Then they disappear.
3. Long term is just that. Forever, perhaps, but designed for long term usage, well over a year.
Info (with exception of permanent awards) are listed in random order on those pages that show rules. I remove items that are too old, or at the end of the term, and the item is deleted or transferred.
One of my problems is to provide you with a way to find the rules on my pages, quickly as possible.
My hosting company does not yet support the anchor link. But there's a way to get one to work. On the table at the top of each list of awards, I have used a table cell that carries a 4 digit letter/number key: such as A133.
If you open your browsers "FIND" function and just type this letter/number key into your browser, it will take about a millisecond for your browser to find that information. Try it. It's fast!
I hope to re-build the DXAWARDS website, over the next few months.
The most popular pages have been the new awards, broken down into Very Short, Annual and Permanent ones. (The online directory will take a lot of work, but it's in my plans. I want to modernize the USACA pages, and make it easier to provide useful information for county hunters.
The section just below this paragaph is a suggested way to do this work. As pages are added, I will make sure as new pages are added, that a link is available from the home page. Completed pages are Red/Bold/Underlined.
0. index - Home Page
1. Background of Award Hunting (working on this 10/19/17)
2. veryshortVery Short Term Awards
3. Annual/Short Term Awards (added 2 on 9/12/17)
4. Permanent Awards
5. ACCESS the K1BV DX AWARDS directory.
6. Info for the County Hunter
7. List of individual state County Awards of the USA
9. Special Announcements
MISCELLANEOUS TIPS, FACTS, and NOTIFICATION:
1. Your help is always appreciated. It can cover changed rules, posting of new awards, sponsors who don't reply to your applications, and dead URL's. If your club or group sponsors awards, and needs some publicity, feel free to send the rules and a sample of the award.
2. Since the late 1990's, I've written the awards column in CQ Magazine. From floppy disks to e-mail, it has been quite an experience. I administer the USA County Award.
My mailing address is
Ted Melinosky K1BV,
12 Wells Woods Road,
Columbia, CT. 06237.
My e-mail is: email@example.com .
3. Foreign Postage: I recommend the services of Bill Plum whose e-mail address is: firstname.lastname@example.org .
4. Copyright 2018 by Ted Melinosky
The K1BV DX Awards Directory