Welcome to the world of amateur radio achievement, geography and history!
AWARDS BLOG VIEWING FILES FOR THE FUTURE.........
August 12, 2018
3 new ones today.
1. Permanent - Diplome Landes (DD-40). Another of the large group of interesting regional awards.
2. Annual Short - 25th Anniversary of the Ukranian "DELTA" Club. Look at their main menu, there's about 25 or more other awards.
3. Very Short - Limited information, Museum based award from the Canary Islands. Seems very popular to European stations.
August 13, 2018
2 Permanent issued awards for today.
1. Indonesia - Alphabet Award.
2. Andorra - 5 Band Andorra.
Both of these awards are difficult for the average DXer. Here on the East Coast of the USA, I hear (very weakly), Indonesia about once a year - when sunspots are good. That's not the case now. The Andorra award requires QSO's on 5 bands. OK for 20 meter QSO's, but right now, 160 and 15/10 meters are not working very well.
August 14, 2018
Added Very Short rules of the Czech and Slovakian 100th year commemoration of their common culture. Very brief rules were supplied. Work Czech special event stations and Slovokian stations for this free award.
August 16, 2018
Added a SECOND Very Short Award for the Czech and Slovakian 100th Anniversary. Different sponsors and rules for each of the two awards. Very unusual, but the second award seems to be easier to accomplish.
August 18, 2018
Added rules for TWO Very Short term awards.
1. Germany - 70th Anniversary of the Worked All Europe Award. The award is 70 years old, and has been a perennial classic. Many European countries names have been changed, added or deleted over the years.
2. Serbia - 600th anniversary of their Monastery at Manasija. A handsome design, relatively modest award requirements, and you have a winnng formula. Their special station YT600WCA was spotted this morning, but conditions were brutal, and I couldn't even hear a whisper from them.
Organization of the files for this site:
There are many ways to provide information about awards. I have chosen to show the rules into separate files:
1. Very short data lives briefly, from a few days to a few months.
2. Annual/Short awards provide rules that cover more than a few months, and up to a year. Then they disappear.
3. Long term is just that. Forever, perhaps, but designed for long term usage, well over a year.
Info (with exception of permanent awards) are listed in random order on those pages that show rules. I remove items that are too old, or at the end of the term, and the item is deleted or transferred.
One of my problems is to provide you with a way to find the rules on my pages, quickly as possible.
My hosting company does not yet support the anchor link. But there's a way to get one to work. On the table at the top of each list of awards, I have used a table cell that carries a 4 digit letter/number key: such as A133.
If you open your browsers "FIND" function and just type this letter/number key into your browser, it will take about a millisecond for your browser to find that information. Try it. It's fast!
I hope to re-build the DXAWARDS website, over the next few months.
The most popular pages have been the new awards, broken down into Very Short, Annual and Permanent ones. (The online directory will take a lot of work, but it's in my plans. I want to modernize the USACA pages, and make it easier to provide useful information for county hunters.
The section just below this paragaph is a suggested way to do this work. As pages are added, I will make sure as new pages are added, that a link is available from the home page. Completed pages are Red/Bold/Underlined.
0. index - Home Page
1. Background of Award Hunting (working on this 10/19/17)
2. veryshortVery Short Term Awards
3. Annual/Short Term Awards (added 2 on 9/12/17)
4. Permanent Awards
5. ACCESS the K1BV DX AWARDS directory.
6. Info for the County Hunter
7. List of individual state County Awards of the USA
9. Table of VERY large award programs. (25-100 awards)
MISCELLANEOUS TIPS, FACTS, and NOTIFICATION:
1. Your help is always appreciated. It can cover changed rules, posting of new awards, sponsors who don't reply to your applications, and dead URL's. If your club or group sponsors awards, and needs some publicity, feel free to send the rules and a sample of the award.
2. Since the late 1990's, I've written the awards column for CQ Magazine. From floppy disks to e-mail, it has been quite an experience. I administer the USA County Award. 3077 counties.
My mailing address is Ted Melinosky K1BV, 12 Wells Woods Road, Columbia, CT. 06237.
My e-mail is: email@example.com
3. Foreign Postage: I recommend the services of Bill Plum whose e-mail address is: firstname.lastname@example.org .
4. Copyright 2018 by Theodore F. Melinosky
The K1BV DX Awards Directory