Welcome to the world of amateur radio achievement, geography and history!
AWARDS BLOG VIEWING FILES FOR THE FUTURE.........
September 14, 2018
Very Short Time Award.
1. Russia - Honoring Poet Sergei Alexandrovich Yesein.
The rules for earning this award follow the traditional Russian approach where you end up with a very many ways to earn the needed points for the award. Maybe I should write a CQ column about that subject??
September 16, 2018
Very Short Time Award
1. SAUDI ARABIA - The 88th Day of Unification.
A free award for making varying numbers of QSOs with 4 special event stations. Great for WPX and DXCC.
(I worked one this evening on 40 meters, and their signal was GOOD to the east coast, though most of his QSO's were Europe and JA. HZ is fairly rare.
(Note made on 9/18. I have contacted two of the five stations. Sadly, while the operators are really good, the rules for number of contacts will never be made for the average or even super operator. WHY? You need to earn 16 points, and each different band/mode QSO = 1 point.
So I have 2 points, only 14more to go. And the bands are NOT likely for East Coast USA. Not going to happen. (But I got 2 great prefixes, so who cares............
September 18, 2018
One very short term award:
1. Serbia - Serbian Air Force ham/member sacrified himself to protect townspeople when his plane's engine failed shortly after takeoff. A very brave man, and ham operator is honored.
September 19, 2018
Again, one very short term award.
1. Poland - This is another of the series of Polish awards describing WW1 and WW2, which affected modern history.
September 20, 2018
Two very short term awards. Arrived today.
1. Autumn Tournament - 5 Yr Anniversary.
The sponsor of this award is the CQ Club from the Ukraine. Check out the award, and then take a look at all the very interesting awards covering many topics, heavy on nature theme.
2. Uzice Award - This is the second year I've included this Serbian award. I think it is an interesting award, well managed, and shows a part of Europe few know anything about. And the award is free of charge.......
September 23, 2018
Two awards, one Very Short and the other Permanant
1. Very Short award - Memorial Sukhomlinsky. Honors for an educational. Just 2 QSOs/any bands for an e-award.
2. Permanent - NAMIBIA, on the south western side of the Continent of Africa. Moderate difficulty.
Organization of the files for this site:
There are many ways to provide information about awards. I have chosen to show the rules into separate files:
1. Very short data lives briefly, from a few days to a few months.
2. Annual/Short awards provide rules that cover more than a few months, and up to a year. Then they disappear.
3. Long term is just that. Forever, perhaps, but designed for long term usage, well over a year.
Info (with exception of permanent awards) are listed in random order on those pages that show rules. I remove items that are too old, or at the end of the term, and the item is deleted or transferred.
One of my problems is to provide you with a way to find the rules on my pages, quickly as possible.
My hosting company does not yet support the anchor link. But there's a way to get one to work. On the table at the top of each list of awards, I have used a table cell that carries a 4 digit letter/number key: such as A133.
If you open your browsers "FIND" function and just type this letter/number key into your browser, it will take about a millisecond for your browser to find that information. Try it. It's fast!
I hope to re-build the DXAWARDS website, over the next few months.
The most popular pages have been the new awards, broken down into Very Short, Annual and Permanent ones. (The online directory will take a lot of work, but it's in my plans. I want to modernize the USACA pages, and make it easier to provide useful information for county hunters.
The section just below this paragaph is a suggested way to do this work. As pages are added, I will make sure as new pages are added, that a link is available from the home page. Completed pages are Red/Bold/Underlined.
0. index - Home Page
1. Background of Award Hunting (working on this 10/19/17)
2. veryshortVery Short Term Awards
3. Annual/Short Term Awards (added 2 on 9/12/17)
5. ACCESS the K1BV DX AWARDS directory.
6. Info for the County Hunter
7. List of individual state County Awards of the USA
9. Table of VERY large award programs. (25-100 awards)
(This one should be coming pretty soon!! 9/18/18
MISCELLANEOUS TIPS, FACTS, and NOTIFICATION:
1. Your help is always appreciated. It can cover changed rules, posting of new awards, sponsors who don't reply to your applications, and dead URL's. If your club or group sponsors awards, and needs some publicity, feel free to send the rules and a sample of the award.
2. Since the late 1990's, I've written the awards column for CQ Magazine. From floppy disks to e-mail, it has been quite an experience. I administer the USA County Award. 3077 counties.
My mailing address is Ted Melinosky K1BV, 12 Wells Woods Road, Columbia, CT. 06237.
My e-mail is: email@example.com
3. Foreign Postage: I recommend the services of Bill Plum whose e-mail address is: firstname.lastname@example.org .
4. Copyright 2018 by Theodore F. Melinosky
The K1BV DX Awards Directory