Welcome to the world of amateur radio achievement, geography and history!
AWARDS BLOG VIEWING FILES FOR THE FUTURE.........
12 July 12 9
Well, this is the largest group of awards for the same country. Austria, that is. There are National awards, province awards, military awards, club awards and more. I will probably be working on making it a little easier than as I just laid it out in the last few days.
13 July 2019
Just one today. Everything seems to have slowed down this summer..........
1. Permanent - Ukraine - Polissy Venice. This is one of those deals where the info for a new award depends on getting a piece of another award. In this one, the "other" award is a flora fauna type for a specific Ukraine nature park. If you have it, you can apply to another award --- this one. Complicated? Maybe, but it cuts down on hunting for the first Nature Park again.
15 July 2019
Sometimes there's hardly anything on the Internet and other times, I feel like overwhelmed. 3 new awarded today.
1. Permanent - Canada - Land of Loving Skies
A very beautiful award from Canada .
2., Very Short - Russia - 65th Anniversary of Volga City.
3. Very Short - Switzerland - this must be one of the early commemoration of the 1960s Manned Space Vehicle.
(I recall the excitement of those years, although in other aspects, it had it's problems. Listening to the landing live was an outstanding event.
16 July 2019
Two new awards,
1 Permanent - Azerbaijan - Hazi Aslanov Award.
QSOs with Azerbaijani awards are rare. At the time, 1942, it was wartime, and Azerbaijan was a province of the Soviet Union. The tank commander Aslanov, were in constant battle with the Axis forces. Before he was killed in 1945, he was recognized as an adept and strong fighter. His body resides in one of the many, many dead from the WWII.
2. Very Short - France - FT8DMC. The FT8 mode will be used, I was waiting for awards to FT8 mode and now the latest version supports this form of fun.
17 July 2019
Two new awards.
1. Permanent - Baleric Islands - Island of Minorica
2. Very Short - Russia - 90th Anniversary of Primorsky District Award.
I'm considering an early move to get a lot of the permanent awards. All this new additional awards is causing some of the files to get "FAT". I need to put the awards into files that aren't so big.
Organization of the files for this site:
There are many ways to provide information about awards. I have chosen to show the rules into separate files:
1. Very short data lives briefly, from a few days to a few months.
2. Annual/Short awards provide rules that cover more than a few months, and up to a year. Then they disappear.
3. Long term is just that. Forever, perhaps, but designed for long term usage, well over a year.
Info (with exception of permanent awards) are listed in random order on those pages that show rules. I remove items that are too old, or at the end of the term, and the item is deleted or transferred.
One of my problems is to provide you with a way to find the rules on my pages, quickly as possible.
My hosting company does not yet support the anchor link. But there's a way to get one to work. On the table at the top of each list of awards, I have used a table cell that carries a 4 digit letter/number key: such as A133.
If you open your browsers "FIND" function and just type this letter/number key into your browser, it will take about a millisecond for your browser to find that information. Try it. It's fast!
I hope to re-build the DXAWARDS website, over the next few months.
The most popular pages have been the new awards, broken down into Very Short, Annual and Permanent ones. (The online directory will take a lot of work, but it's in my plans. I want to modernize the USACA pages, and make it easier to provide useful information for county hunters.
The section just below this paragaph is a suggested way to do this work. As pages are added, I will make sure as new pages are added, that a link is available from the home page. Completed pages are Red/Bold/Underlined.
1. index - Home Page
2. veryshortVery Short Term Awards
3. Annual/Short Term Awards (added 2 on 9/12/17)
4/ Conversion to current "older" data.
5. February 26. All "permanent" files placed into alphabet sensitive pages. This will be the baseline list of permanent awards. As pages get filled in and hard to work with, I will give countries their own pages. This is just the beginning.....................
6. List of individual state County Awards of the USA
7. Table describing a group of VERY large award programs. (25-100 awards)
MISCELLANEOUS TIPS, FACTS, and NOTIFICATION:
1. Your help is always appreciated. It can cover changed rules, posting of new awards, sponsors who don't reply to your applications, and dead URL's. If your club or group sponsors awards, and needs some publicity, feel free to send the rules and a sample of the award.
2. Since the late 1990's, I've written the awards column for CQ Magazine. From floppy disks to e-mail, it has been quite an experience. I retired from that position in December.
My mailing address is Ted Melinosky K1BV, 12 Wells Woods Road, Columbia, CT. 06237.
My e-mail is: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Foreign Postage: I recommend the services of Bill Plum whose e-mail address is: email@example.com .
4. Copyright 2019 by Theodore F. Melinosky
The K1BV DX Awards Directory