Welcome to the world of amateur radio achievement, geography and history!
AWARDS BLOG VIEWING FILES FOR THE FUTURE.........
June 11, 2018
Three new items today.
1. Very Short - Poland, 750th anniversary of Zywiec Town.
2. Very Short - Ukraine - 80th anniversary of their Donetsk Region.
3. Permanent - Contact the Polish station which has probably been to every park in Poland. This is SP9YYF, and an award is available to QSO this active group. Now is the time to look for QSOs coming from parks and nature centers from all over Europe and other locations! (See 14044 on your favorite spotting network!!
June 13, 2018
Two new awards today.
1. Annual - Historical story of Poland WWI and WW2.
2. Very Short - Turkey's 179th Anniversary of Turkish Gendarmerie Command through the years.
June 14, 2018
One new award today, but one of my favorites.
1. Very Short - USA -The 13 Colonies Special Event. From 1-7 July, stations located in each of the 13 original colonial states will be active. Always a fun event, and you can work just a few or all of them, and still get a handsome award.
June 16, 2018
One of each type of award.
1. Very Short - Italy - Kind of a corporate recognition of surviving 25 years......
2. Permanent - RARE ONES of New Orleans. Interesting concept, who does not to want to help promote your city, if it is New Orleans!.
3. Annual - another interesting concept; namely over the years, the club station of Astrakhan has changed their calls several time. You can earn the award by working some of the interesting calls they were assigned over the years.
June 19, 2018
Here are three new Very Short awards.
1. Novosibirsk - Russia -125th Anniversary - beautiful design.
2. Spain-Festival of Bonfires.
3. USA - 155th Anniversary of Battle of Gettysburg.
Sponsor chooses one of the many oil paintings commemorating this dramatic event.
Organization of the files for this site:
There are many ways to provide information about awards. I have chosen to show the rules into separate files:
1. Very short data lives briefly, from a few days to a few months.
2. Annual/Short awards provide rules that cover more than a few months, and up to a year. Then they disappear.
3. Long term is just that. Forever, perhaps, but designed for long term usage, well over a year.
Info (with exception of permanent awards) are listed in random order on those pages that show rules. I remove items that are too old, or at the end of the term, and the item is deleted or transferred.
One of my problems is to provide you with a way to find the rules on my pages, quickly as possible.
My hosting company does not yet support the anchor link. But there's a way to get one to work. On the table at the top of each list of awards, I have used a table cell that carries a 4 digit letter/number key: such as A133.
If you open your browsers "FIND" function and just type this letter/number key into your browser, it will take about a millisecond for your browser to find that information. Try it. It's fast!
I hope to re-build the DXAWARDS website, over the next few months.
The most popular pages have been the new awards, broken down into Very Short, Annual and Permanent ones. (The online directory will take a lot of work, but it's in my plans. I want to modernize the USACA pages, and make it easier to provide useful information for county hunters.
The section just below this paragaph is a suggested way to do this work. As pages are added, I will make sure as new pages are added, that a link is available from the home page. Completed pages are Red/Bold/Underlined.
0. index - Home Page
1. Background of Award Hunting (working on this 10/19/17)
2. veryshortVery Short Term Awards
3. Annual/Short Term Awards (added 2 on 9/12/17)
4. Permanent Awards
5. ACCESS the K1BV DX AWARDS directory.
6. Info for the County Hunter
7. List of individual state County Awards of the USA
9. Table of VERY large award programs. (25-100 awards)
MISCELLANEOUS TIPS, FACTS, and NOTIFICATION:
1. Your help is always appreciated. It can cover changed rules, posting of new awards, sponsors who don't reply to your applications, and dead URL's. If your club or group sponsors awards, and needs some publicity, feel free to send the rules and a sample of the award.
2. Since the late 1990's, I've written the awards column for CQ Magazine. From floppy disks to e-mail, it has been quite an experience. I administer the USA County Award. 3077 counties.
My mailing address is Ted Melinosky K1BV, 12 Wells Woods Road, Columbia, CT. 06237.
My e-mail is: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Foreign Postage: I recommend the services of Bill Plum whose e-mail address is: email@example.com .
4. Copyright 2018 by Theodore F. Melinosky
The K1BV DX Awards Directory