Welcome to the world of amateur radio achievement, geography and history!
AWARDS BLOG VIEWING FILES FOR THE FUTURE.........
6 May 2019
One new item discovered.
1. PERMANENT - Italy - Worked Italian Light Houses.
Due to Italy's very long coastline and dependence on trading, lighthouses were and are still aiding navigation. Besides the rules, the sponsors use the Italian Navy's knowledge of lighthouses. Can't get more official than that.
7 May 2019
Two more added today.
1 Permanent - Ukraine - Green Ukraine
You make nature type QSOs, then when you figure you qualify, all the work is done except for the request. Some experimental procedures have been included.
2. Permanent - Canada - Worked All Winnipeg.
Well written rules and nice award.
9 May 2019
One award today. But is quite handsome.
1. Permanent - Russia - Far Eastern Federal Districts
A reorganization of the Far Eastern portions of Siberia must have taken place. This is a colorful award to say the least.
10 May 2019
One award once more........
1. Very Short - Jersey Island - YNOMY Group.
This is a a very short time, but worth giving the chances.
it is an opportunity to get some rare IOTA contacts, but also offer beautiful images of Jersey.
13 May 2019
Three new ones. (and more being worked on.)
1. Permanent - Cuba - CUBAN Awards. This is a somewhat re-write of an older version. And to their credit, cost is moved to Zero and digital certificates are introduced.
2. Permanent - Australia - The VK1 Award. Another old award with some changes.
3. Very Short - Russia. This is an award from the Russian CW Club. The term "What Hath God Wrought" were the words of the official first Morse code message transmitted in the U.S. on May 24, 1844 to officially open the Baltimore–Washington telegraph line.
14 May 2019
Two added from Canada.
1. Permanent - Canada - Abegweit Award.
This award requires contacts with the Canadian province of Prince Edward Island, a small and somewhat province.
2. Permanent - Canada - Atlantic Province Awards. Somewhat similar to the previous award, except that it involves a group of Canadian provinces on the East Coast.
15 May 2019
Two added to the awards.
1. Very Short - Belgium - 10 Years World Castle Award
Belgium's congratulation to the10th anniversary World Castle Award is another of the designs for the anniversary.
2. Permanent - Sweden and Norway - Morokulien.
Basically, this is an artificial entity made of the property belonging to Sweden and Norway. You can vacation on their property and make contacts from any or both of the prefixes available.
16 May 2019
Two awards added today.
1. Permanent - Australia - Southern Cross Award
I think this is the only Plaque issued in Australia.
2. Permanent - USA - Washington Totem Award
100 confirmations with State of Washington QSOs.
17 May 2019
Yes, 2 new ones again. So many nice awards.............
1. Permanent - Singapore - Lion City Award.
Smaller countries usually small numbers of awards. This is a very nice single award from Singapore.
2. Permanent - Netherlands - PAFF/WWFF Award.
The netherlands are a small country, but issues MANY awards. This is their Fauna-Flora offering.
18 May 2019
1. Very Short - World Castle Weekend.
There will be A LOT of castles on the air 8 June to 16 June. Join their ranks and add to your castle hunting.
2. Permanent - France - Seine-St. Denis. (Dept DD-93).
Organization of the files for this site:
There are many ways to provide information about awards. I have chosen to show the rules into separate files:
1. Very short data lives briefly, from a few days to a few months.
2. Annual/Short awards provide rules that cover more than a few months, and up to a year. Then they disappear.
3. Long term is just that. Forever, perhaps, but designed for long term usage, well over a year.
Info (with exception of permanent awards) are listed in random order on those pages that show rules. I remove items that are too old, or at the end of the term, and the item is deleted or transferred.
One of my problems is to provide you with a way to find the rules on my pages, quickly as possible.
My hosting company does not yet support the anchor link. But there's a way to get one to work. On the table at the top of each list of awards, I have used a table cell that carries a 4 digit letter/number key: such as A133.
If you open your browsers "FIND" function and just type this letter/number key into your browser, it will take about a millisecond for your browser to find that information. Try it. It's fast!
I hope to re-build the DXAWARDS website, over the next few months.
The most popular pages have been the new awards, broken down into Very Short, Annual and Permanent ones. (The online directory will take a lot of work, but it's in my plans. I want to modernize the USACA pages, and make it easier to provide useful information for county hunters.
The section just below this paragaph is a suggested way to do this work. As pages are added, I will make sure as new pages are added, that a link is available from the home page. Completed pages are Red/Bold/Underlined.
1. index - Home Page
2. veryshortVery Short Term Awards
3. Annual/Short Term Awards (added 2 on 9/12/17)
5. February 26. All "permanent" files placed into alphabet sensitive pages. This will be the baseline list of permanent awards. As pages get filled in and hard to work with, I will give countries their own pages. This is just the beginning.....................
6. List of individual state County Awards of the USA
7. Table describing a group of VERY large award programs. (25-100 awards)
(This one should be coming pretty soon!!
MISCELLANEOUS TIPS, FACTS, and NOTIFICATION:
1. Your help is always appreciated. It can cover changed rules, posting of new awards, sponsors who don't reply to your applications, and dead URL's. If your club or group sponsors awards, and needs some publicity, feel free to send the rules and a sample of the award.
2. Since the late 1990's, I've written the awards column for CQ Magazine. From floppy disks to e-mail, it has been quite an experience. I retired from that position in December.
My mailing address is Ted Melinosky K1BV, 12 Wells Woods Road, Columbia, CT. 06237.
My e-mail is: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Foreign Postage: I recommend the services of Bill Plum whose e-mail address is: email@example.com .
4. Copyright 2019 by Theodore F. Melinosky
The K1BV DX Awards Directory