Welcome to the world of amateur radio achievement, geography and history!
AWARDS BLOG VIEWING FILES FOR THE FUTURE.........
January 4, 2019
Two new ones, Towns with celebrations..........
1. Very Short - Ukraine - Christmas Celebration
The Ukraine celebrates Christmas, and it seems a little late, but their calendar is slightly different than we do. A happy and peaceful year to you.
2. Very Short - Spain - San Fermin (also known as Pamplona, famous bulls races.
January 7, 2019
Two PERMANENT Awards.
1. PERMANENT - The "LCRA" represents Amateur Radio in the The Republic of Colombia, in northern South America.
They have just revised their complete awards program.
2. PERMANENT - Italy - Regia Marina Diploma has developed another award honoring their Navy.
January 10, 2019
Two new ones again.
1. Very Short - Poland - Insurgents of the Wiekopolska.
We were inundated with Polish awards, all treating the modern history of Poland.
2. Permanent - Russia - COTA-RUSSIA. COTA = Castles on the Air. This is the best source for earning Castles in Russia. Some castles are beautiful and some are piles of debris where it is hard to see exactly was built hundreds of years ago. They all count for castles, a fascinating sub area for the Ham-Archeologist.
January 13, 2019
One new one.
1. Annual Short - USA - 25th Anniv US Islands Award.
The US Islands Award is aimed at the little lake or pond that's about 1 or 2 miles away from your house. You get a chance to be on your own "entities" in your back yard. Their rules are simple and once the frozen lakes are thawed out, you can have a little fun.
January 15, 2019
Two PERMANENT awards today. Both are sponsored by RZ1CWC.
1. Permanent - Russia - Russian Castles. RZ1CWC does a good job of opening the awards to the novice or experienced castle hunter. He is an active castle hunter, but I suspect that not much is done in the Russian winters.
2. Permanent - Russia - Russian Lakes. The same attention to detail covers this category. as well. You get a chance to download a Large spreadsheet to help your record keeping.
Organization of the files for this site:
There are many ways to provide information about awards. I have chosen to show the rules into separate files:
1. Very short data lives briefly, from a few days to a few months.
2. Annual/Short awards provide rules that cover more than a few months, and up to a year. Then they disappear.
3. Long term is just that. Forever, perhaps, but designed for long term usage, well over a year.
Info (with exception of permanent awards) are listed in random order on those pages that show rules. I remove items that are too old, or at the end of the term, and the item is deleted or transferred.
One of my problems is to provide you with a way to find the rules on my pages, quickly as possible.
My hosting company does not yet support the anchor link. But there's a way to get one to work. On the table at the top of each list of awards, I have used a table cell that carries a 4 digit letter/number key: such as A133.
If you open your browsers "FIND" function and just type this letter/number key into your browser, it will take about a millisecond for your browser to find that information. Try it. It's fast!
I hope to re-build the DXAWARDS website, over the next few months.
The most popular pages have been the new awards, broken down into Very Short, Annual and Permanent ones. (The online directory will take a lot of work, but it's in my plans. I want to modernize the USACA pages, and make it easier to provide useful information for county hunters.
The section just below this paragaph is a suggested way to do this work. As pages are added, I will make sure as new pages are added, that a link is available from the home page. Completed pages are Red/Bold/Underlined.
1. index - Home Page
2. veryshortVery Short Term Awards
3. Annual/Short Term Awards (added 2 on 9/12/17)
5. January 13, 2019. ACCESS to the K1BV DX AWARDS directory just BEGINNING to WORK ON THE FIRST PAGES OF THE USA Awards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After that, country to country until finished.
6. List of individual state County Awards of the USA
7. Table describing a group of VERY large award programs. (25-100 awards)
(This one should be coming pretty soon!!
MISCELLANEOUS TIPS, FACTS, and NOTIFICATION:
1. Your help is always appreciated. It can cover changed rules, posting of new awards, sponsors who don't reply to your applications, and dead URL's. If your club or group sponsors awards, and needs some publicity, feel free to send the rules and a sample of the award.
2. Since the late 1990's, I've written the awards column for CQ Magazine. From floppy disks to e-mail, it has been quite an experience. I retired from that position in December.
My mailing address is Ted Melinosky K1BV, 12 Wells Woods Road, Columbia, CT. 06237.
My e-mail is: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Foreign Postage: I recommend the services of Bill Plum whose e-mail address is: email@example.com .
4. Copyright 2019 by Theodore F. Melinosky
The K1BV DX Awards Directory