Welcome to the world of amateur radio achievement, geography and history!
AWARDS BLOG VIEWING FILES FOR THE FUTURE.........
6 June 2019
Comment: I was very disappointed to COMPLETELY missing out of ANY of the "D-Day" memorial stations. Propagation was really bad and a few of these groups were even having problems with European stations.
3 new ones added:
All were from USA with the counties of Maine, Mississippi and Massachusetts programs in the PERMANENT new awards..
8 June 2019
2 new items from my earlier Awards Directory. This is the end of the USA section. I have verified that those items which were Obsolete, Defunct, and gone away YEARS ago have been dropped. At least in theory, all these which are remaining should be active and valid. It still, after all these years, that may not happen. I always suggest that if you are applying for an award, you should contact the award manager to see if they are still VALID. You can't be too sure enough to make sure that you will receive their award.
Two USA items.
All were Permanent USA awards.
1. USA - South Dakota Counties award.
2. USA - The Prefix Award Program
9 June 2019
2 new ones, both Very Short
1. Poland - Three Brothers Day - traditional Polish.
1. USA - 13 Colonies Week - Honors the Founding of the USA and the Revolutionary War of 1776.
10 June 2019
Two new ones.
1. Very Short - Belarus - One of the many countries celebrating the 10th anniversary of the World Castles Awards.
2. Permanent - Greece - this introduces Greece generally following well thought Castles and other structures. You would be surprised to see what can be called a "castle" or "structure".
11 June 2019
Two new ones.
1. Very Short - Hungary - Annual Danube River Summer
Work towns and cities on the Danube. I took a tourist ship on the river about 10 years ago, and it is a beautiful experience.
2. Very Short - Spain - Saint Joan 2019.
13 June 2019
OK, here is the first of the ARGENTINA awards. Probably the only award which in the world which has you looking for all kinds of water supplies in one of their Provinces. Very unique.............
Two new awards rules:
1. Permanent - Argentina - Hydrographic Systems.
2. Permanent - Poland - Castles in Poland.
14 June 2019
The rules for the "Radio Club of Argentina" has just only a short time ago largely revised their rules.
1. Permanent - Argentina - Revision of program.
15 June 2019
1. Permanent - Ukraine - Ukrainian Carpathian Mount.
Scenic and mysterious part of Ukraine.
17 June 2019
Two more Argentine awards.
1. Permanent - Argentine - Rosario Series.
2. Permanent - Argentine - South American Lighthouses.
Organization of the files for this site:
There are many ways to provide information about awards. I have chosen to show the rules into separate files:
1. Very short data lives briefly, from a few days to a few months.
2. Annual/Short awards provide rules that cover more than a few months, and up to a year. Then they disappear.
3. Long term is just that. Forever, perhaps, but designed for long term usage, well over a year.
Info (with exception of permanent awards) are listed in random order on those pages that show rules. I remove items that are too old, or at the end of the term, and the item is deleted or transferred.
One of my problems is to provide you with a way to find the rules on my pages, quickly as possible.
My hosting company does not yet support the anchor link. But there's a way to get one to work. On the table at the top of each list of awards, I have used a table cell that carries a 4 digit letter/number key: such as A133.
If you open your browsers "FIND" function and just type this letter/number key into your browser, it will take about a millisecond for your browser to find that information. Try it. It's fast!
I hope to re-build the DXAWARDS website, over the next few months.
The most popular pages have been the new awards, broken down into Very Short, Annual and Permanent ones. (The online directory will take a lot of work, but it's in my plans. I want to modernize the USACA pages, and make it easier to provide useful information for county hunters.
The section just below this paragaph is a suggested way to do this work. As pages are added, I will make sure as new pages are added, that a link is available from the home page. Completed pages are Red/Bold/Underlined.
1. index - Home Page
2. veryshortVery Short Term Awards
3. Annual/Short Term Awards (added 2 on 9/12/17)
4/ Conversion to current "older" data.
5. February 26. All "permanent" files placed into alphabet sensitive pages. This will be the baseline list of permanent awards. As pages get filled in and hard to work with, I will give countries their own pages. This is just the beginning.....................
6. List of individual state County Awards of the USA
7. Table describing a group of VERY large award programs. (25-100 awards)
MISCELLANEOUS TIPS, FACTS, and NOTIFICATION:
1. Your help is always appreciated. It can cover changed rules, posting of new awards, sponsors who don't reply to your applications, and dead URL's. If your club or group sponsors awards, and needs some publicity, feel free to send the rules and a sample of the award.
2. Since the late 1990's, I've written the awards column for CQ Magazine. From floppy disks to e-mail, it has been quite an experience. I retired from that position in December.
My mailing address is Ted Melinosky K1BV, 12 Wells Woods Road, Columbia, CT. 06237.
My e-mail is: email@example.com
3. Foreign Postage: I recommend the services of Bill Plum whose e-mail address is: firstname.lastname@example.org .
4. Copyright 2019 by Theodore F. Melinosky
The K1BV DX Awards Directory