Welcome to the world of amateur radio achievement, geography and history!
AWARDS BLOG VIEWING FILES FOR THE FUTURE.........
2 July 2019
1. Permanent - Germany - Helgoland Diploma
Helgoland is a German Island, now used as a vacation spot.
4 July 2019
1. Permanent - Austria - Austrian ---OVSV Series ----
13 or 14 awards from the Austrian program. A big program to a small country.
==============================================5 July 2019
Two new ones, then I'm working on the 2nd large group of Austrian awards of Vienna, and lesser awards from the counties and AMRS.
1. Permanent - Russia - A new version of Great Rivers.
2. Very Short - Spain - 50th Anniversary of Moon Landing 1968-2019.
6 July 2019
Two Very Short time based awards:
1. Very Short - Finland - 50th Anniv. Market Reef DXCC!
One of the odd "countries" of DXCC, caused it to be a "country" by adoptive rules only. If you needed it before, this is a GRAND chance to add to your DXCC. And have a lot of fun, as well.
2. Very Short - Italy - European Master Games Award. This Summer seems to be hosting competitive sport.
7 July 2019
The index for the "Very Short" has been cleaned up and reduced in size. I try to clean up the files so that you have a week or two after they have expired.
9 July 2019
1. Very Short - Ukraine - 150th Anniv Southern Railway
Very nice image for those who appreciate coal burning early trains of Europe.
2. Permanent - Lithuania - Contact Kaunas QSOs. (I believe that my Grandfather lived in Kaunas and left for the USA shortly before WWI.)
11 July 2019
1. Permanent - Belgium - Belgian Castles (BCF)
The Belgian Group is affiliating with the WCA (World Castles Award group of Russia) The WCA provides a good deal of technical aid, and allows this group for first quality data.
12 July 12 9
Well, this is the largest group of awards for the same country. Austria, that is. There are National awards, province awards, military awards, club awards and more. I will probably be working on making it a little easier than as I just laid it out in the last few days.
13 July 2019
Just one today. Everything seems to have slowed down this summer..........
1. Permanent - Ukraine - Polissy Venice. This is one of those deals where the info for a new award depends on getting a piece of another award. In this one, the "other" award is a flora fauna type for a specific Ukraine nature park. If you have it, you can apply to another award --- this one. Complicated? Maybe, but it cuts down on hunting for the first Nature Park again.
15 July 2019
Sometimes there's hardly anything on the Internet and other times, I feel like overwhelmed. 3 new awarded today.
1. Permanent - Canada - Land of Loving Skies
A very beautiful award from Canada .
2., Very Short - Russia - 65th Anniversary of Volga City.
3. Very Short - Switzerland - this must be one of the early commemoration of the 1960s Manned Space Vehicle.
(I recall the excitement of those years, although in other aspects, it had it's problems. Listening to the landing live was an outstanding event.
Organization of the files for this site:
There are many ways to provide information about awards. I have chosen to show the rules into separate files:
1. Very short data lives briefly, from a few days to a few months.
2. Annual/Short awards provide rules that cover more than a few months, and up to a year. Then they disappear.
3. Long term is just that. Forever, perhaps, but designed for long term usage, well over a year.
Info (with exception of permanent awards) are listed in random order on those pages that show rules. I remove items that are too old, or at the end of the term, and the item is deleted or transferred.
One of my problems is to provide you with a way to find the rules on my pages, quickly as possible.
My hosting company does not yet support the anchor link. But there's a way to get one to work. On the table at the top of each list of awards, I have used a table cell that carries a 4 digit letter/number key: such as A133.
If you open your browsers "FIND" function and just type this letter/number key into your browser, it will take about a millisecond for your browser to find that information. Try it. It's fast!
I hope to re-build the DXAWARDS website, over the next few months.
The most popular pages have been the new awards, broken down into Very Short, Annual and Permanent ones. (The online directory will take a lot of work, but it's in my plans. I want to modernize the USACA pages, and make it easier to provide useful information for county hunters.
The section just below this paragaph is a suggested way to do this work. As pages are added, I will make sure as new pages are added, that a link is available from the home page. Completed pages are Red/Bold/Underlined.
1. index - Home Page
2. veryshortVery Short Term Awards
3. Annual/Short Term Awards (added 2 on 9/12/17)
4/ Conversion to current "older" data.
5. February 26. All "permanent" files placed into alphabet sensitive pages. This will be the baseline list of permanent awards. As pages get filled in and hard to work with, I will give countries their own pages. This is just the beginning.....................
6. List of individual state County Awards of the USA
7. Table describing a group of VERY large award programs. (25-100 awards)
MISCELLANEOUS TIPS, FACTS, and NOTIFICATION:
1. Your help is always appreciated. It can cover changed rules, posting of new awards, sponsors who don't reply to your applications, and dead URL's. If your club or group sponsors awards, and needs some publicity, feel free to send the rules and a sample of the award.
2. Since the late 1990's, I've written the awards column for CQ Magazine. From floppy disks to e-mail, it has been quite an experience. I retired from that position in December.
My mailing address is Ted Melinosky K1BV, 12 Wells Woods Road, Columbia, CT. 06237.
My e-mail is: email@example.com
3. Foreign Postage: I recommend the services of Bill Plum whose e-mail address is: firstname.lastname@example.org .
4. Copyright 2019 by Theodore F. Melinosky
The K1BV DX Awards Directory