Welcome to the world of amateur radio achievement, geography and history!
AWARDS BLOG VIEWING FILES FOR THE FUTURE.........
Feb 15, 2018
Three new ones again. Conditions remain BAD.
Annual/Short Page: 100th Anniversary of Polish Scouting.
Permanent 1 - Sadko Diploma - Russia.
Permanent 2 - Districts of Novrogod Region - Russia.
Feb 16, 2018
On the Annual/ShortTerm page, in the rules for the Lithuanian pennant: Tomorrow, 16th February 2018, all points earned on that day will be worth double the value otherwise shown.
(Reminder from OH3GZ.)
Feb 20, 2018
4 new awards added today:
1 - Very Short - Italian inventor VOLTA is recognized each year.
2. Annual Short - Romanian union of Bucovina with (the then) Kingdom of Romania.
3. Annual Short - Emma Award - a look at pre-world war I monarchy.
4. Permanent - Puy Dome. Department 63. (The first two digits of the "zip code" of a French QSL is the Department number for about 60 awards.
Organization of the files for this site:
There are many ways to provide information about awards. I have chosen to show the rules into separate files:
1. Very short data lives briefly, from a few days to a few months.
2. Annual/Short awards provide rules that cover more than a few months, and up to a year. Then they disappear.
3. Long term is just that. Forever, perhaps, but designed for long term usage, well over a year.
Info (with exception of permanent awards) are listed in random order on those pages that show rules. I remove items that are too old, or at the end of the term, and the item is deleted or transferred.
One of my problems is to provide you with a way to find the rules on my pages, quickly as possible.
My hosting company does not yet support the anchor link. But there's a way to get one to work. On the table at the top of each list of awards, I have used a table cell that carries a 4 digit letter/number key: such as A133.
If you open your browsers "FIND" function and just type this letter/number key into your browser, it will take about a millisecond for your browser to find that information. Try it. It's fast!
I hope to re-build the DXAWARDS website, over the next few months.
The most popular pages have been the new awards, broken down into Very Short, Annual and Permanent ones. (The online directory will take a lot of work, but it's in my plans. I want to modernize the USACA pages, and make it easier to provide useful information for county hunters.
The section just below this paragaph is a suggested way to do this work. As pages are added, I will make sure as new pages are added, that a link is available from the home page. Completed pages are Red/Bold/Underlined.
0. index - Home Page
1. Background of Award Hunting (working on this 10/19/17)
2. veryshortVery Short Term Awards
3. Annual/Short Term Awards (added 2 on 9/12/17)
4. Permanent Awards
5. ACCESS the K1BV DX AWARDS directory.
6. Info for the County Hunter
7. List of individual state County Awards of the USA
9. Special Announcements
MISCELLANEOUS TIPS, FACTS, and NOTIFICATION:
1. Your help is always appreciated. It can cover changed rules, posting of new awards, sponsors who don't reply to your applications, and dead URL's. If your club or group sponsors awards, and needs some publicity, feel free to send the rules and a sample of the award.
2. Since the late 1990's, I've written the awards column in CQ Magazine. From floppy disks to e-mail, it has been quite an experience. I administer the USA County Award.
My mailing address is
Ted Melinosky K1BV,
12 Wells Woods Road,
Columbia, CT. 06237.
My e-mail is: email@example.com .
3. Foreign Postage: I recommend the services of Bill Plum whose e-mail address is: firstname.lastname@example.org .
4. Copyright 2018 by Ted Melinosky
The K1BV DX Awards Directory