Welcome to the world of amateur radio achievement, geography and history!
AWARDS BLOG VIEWING FILES FOR THE FUTURE.........
28 August 2019
Two new items this evening.
1. Germany - The German Award .
A little dated from age, but design is handsome and Germany is so active, that you have a chance to make the award with out much trouble.
2. Italy - The Para-Archery Italian Championship Award.
Includes wheelchair and other methodes of getting around while the archer/ham radio person show their abilities to show talents which are challenging. The image posted will give you an idea of what I mean.
29 August 2019
1. Tokelau Islands - ZK3 Expedition
This will become effective from 1 - 11, 2019. A group from The Ukraine will be active in the South Seas and offers to send Awards as well as QSL cards. Looks like a good deal as they will be sending digital designed awards when they return to Ukraine.
30 August 2019
One award listed.
1. Belarus - 1000th Anniversary of City of Brest.
It's very nice to see a really old city.
1 September 2019
Two awards today.
1. Lithuania - ZEMAITIJA-800
This is the 800th anniversary of a ancient family or group called the ZEMAITIJA. The image on the award is a very handsome map showing their location in Lithuania.
2. Chile - Radio Club of Chile Series.
The group has added to already existing awards, and now, there is a total of 8 that will keep you busy.
2 September 2019
Two September 2019
1. Argentina - Permanent - South American Lighthouses .
2. Belgium - Very Short - Canadian Liberation of Belgium.
This second one follows a "thank you" that is 75 years old. Canadian soldiers liberated the Belgians and made many friends for a very long time.
3 September 2019
Two more awards.
1. Austria - Very Short - 15th Anniversary joining Austria and the Summits on the Air.
Magnificent image of Austrian mountains. My XYL and I traveled in Austria/Germany last year, and the ALPS are truly awesome.
2. Bulgaria - Permanent - The 4 Bulgarian will keep you busy; very nice program and lots of Bulgarians to keep you busy.
4 September 2019
Just one award today.
1. Permanent - USA - Wisconsin - Counties Award
For many years, I have tried to list the Individual States.
Turned out it was impossible, since there was always at least 20-30 of the 52 missing states.
5 September 2019
Two awards today.
1. Very Short - Brazil 50th anniversary. Will include nice WPX credits and an award.
2. Permanent - Worked All Delaware County Award. One of the County Awards as mentioned in the 4 Sept comment.
6 September 2019
Two awards today:
1. Permanent - CQC Group (Colorado). Emphasis on Colorado counties.
2. Permanent - The CQC Group (Colorado) emphises on working members of the Club.
7 September 2019
1. Very Short - Grand Canyon 100th Anniversary.
A beautiful National Park, and highly recommended to visit for everyone someday.
2. Very Short - Lazovija - 150. Railroad anniversary in the era of Steam.
9 September 2019
Here's a bunch (4) all Very Short award. Now if we could only have some propagation. Ted K1BV
Organization of the files for this site:
There are many ways to provide information about awards. I have chosen to show the rules into separate files:
1. Very short data lives briefly, from a few days to a few months.
2. Annual/Short awards provide rules that cover more than a few months, and up to a year. Then they disappear.
3. Long term is just that. Forever, perhaps, but designed for long term usage, well over a year.
Info (with exception of permanent awards) are listed in random order on those pages that show rules. I remove items that are too old, or at the end of the term, and the item is deleted or transferred.
One of my problems is to provide you with a way to find the rules on my pages, quickly as possible.
My hosting company does not yet support the anchor link. But there's a way to get one to work. On the table at the top of each list of awards, I have used a table cell that carries a 4 digit letter/number key: such as A133.
If you open your browsers "FIND" function and just type this letter/number key into your browser, it will take about a millisecond for your browser to find that information. Try it. It's fast!
I hope to re-build the DXAWARDS website, over the next few months.
The most popular pages have been the new awards, broken down into Very Short, Annual and Permanent ones. (The online directory will take a lot of work, but it's in my plans. I want to modernize the USACA pages, and make it easier to provide useful information for county hunters.
The section just below this paragaph is a suggested way to do this work. As pages are added, I will make sure as new pages are added, that a link is available from the home page. Completed pages are Red/Bold/Underlined.
1. index - Home Page
2. veryshortVery Short Term Awards
3. Annual/Short Term Awards (added 2 on 9/12/17)
4/ Conversion to current "older" data.
5. February 26. All "permanent" files placed into alphabet sensitive pages. This will be the baseline list of permanent awards. As pages get filled in and hard to work with, I will assign countries their own pages. This is just the beginning.....................
6. List of individual state County Awards of the USA
7. Table describing a group of VERY large award programs. (25-100 awards)
MISCELLANEOUS TIPS, FACTS, and NOTIFICATION:
1. Your help is always appreciated. It can cover changed rules, posting of new awards, sponsors who don't reply to your applications, and dead URL's. If your club or group sponsors awards, and needs some publicity, feel free to send the rules and a sample of the award.
2. Since the late 1990's, I've written the awards column for CQ Magazine. From floppy disks to e-mail, it has been quite an experience. I retired from that position in December.
My mailing address is Ted Melinosky K1BV, 12 Wells Woods Road, Columbia, CT. 06237.
My e-mail is: email@example.com
3. Foreign Postage: I recommend the services of Bill Plum whose e-mail address is: firstname.lastname@example.org .
4. Copyright 2019 by Theodore F. Melinosky
The K1BV DX Awards Directory