Welcome to the world of amateur radio achievement, geography and history!
AWARDS BLOG VIEWING FILES FOR THE FUTURE.........
13 April 2019
1. Permanent - Castles in Serbia Award.
This is an active group in a small country. Note that not all the structures will look like a "Castle", but will include fortresses, storage facilities, and in some cases, a pile of broken rocks which will be all that is left of the last battle. The list of buildings present at a site will probably be described in the listing I have included.
14 April 2019
Two awards today.
1. Annual Short - Ukraine - 85 Anniv. Kiev Natl University.
2, Very Short - Poland - 25th Steam Locomotive Parade.
Most rairoads keep some of their fond old equipment working if only t o show off part of their history. This "parade" is a part of spring time and has a large number of train enthusiasts happy. Lots of images of old trains and coal smoke!!
17 April 2019
Two Annual Short awards added today.
1. Annual Short - Netherlands. Rembrandt van Rijn, one of the world's finest artist is recognized on what would have been his birthday this month.
2. Annual Short - Poland. The suffix (WFF) tells us that this Nature Club group is celebrating their 10th anniversary.
18 April 2019
One award today.
1. Permanent - France. One of the many French stations that provide awards for making contacts for their numbered
19 April 2019
One again, but a few in the backlog.
1. Permanent - France Dept Pyrenees-Orientales (DD-66).
As mentioned above, I will be working on a few more of the Departments (similar to counties in other countries).
21 April 2019
Two new ones.
1. Permanent - Sweden - The SI9AM Award.
A pavilion started in Siam is built in Sweden. Interesting story.
2. Very Short - Belatus -A railroad man goes to war during WWII and died in action. Russia suffered hundreds of these stories.
23 April 2019
Two new awards:
1. Very Short Term - Italy - 39th Leonardo Davinci .
The image is, of course features some of the works of this Artist.
2. Permanent - Poland - Historical WWII Destroyer type vessel.
Organization of the files for this site:
There are many ways to provide information about awards. I have chosen to show the rules into separate files:
1. Very short data lives briefly, from a few days to a few months.
2. Annual/Short awards provide rules that cover more than a few months, and up to a year. Then they disappear.
3. Long term is just that. Forever, perhaps, but designed for long term usage, well over a year.
Info (with exception of permanent awards) are listed in random order on those pages that show rules. I remove items that are too old, or at the end of the term, and the item is deleted or transferred.
One of my problems is to provide you with a way to find the rules on my pages, quickly as possible.
My hosting company does not yet support the anchor link. But there's a way to get one to work. On the table at the top of each list of awards, I have used a table cell that carries a 4 digit letter/number key: such as A133.
If you open your browsers "FIND" function and just type this letter/number key into your browser, it will take about a millisecond for your browser to find that information. Try it. It's fast!
I hope to re-build the DXAWARDS website, over the next few months.
The most popular pages have been the new awards, broken down into Very Short, Annual and Permanent ones. (The online directory will take a lot of work, but it's in my plans. I want to modernize the USACA pages, and make it easier to provide useful information for county hunters.
The section just below this paragaph is a suggested way to do this work. As pages are added, I will make sure as new pages are added, that a link is available from the home page. Completed pages are Red/Bold/Underlined.
1. index - Home Page
2. veryshortVery Short Term Awards
3. Annual/Short Term Awards (added 2 on 9/12/17)
5. February 26. All "permanent" files placed into alphabet sensitive pages. This will be the baseline list of permanent awards. As pages get filled in and hard to work with, I will give countries their own pages. This is just the beginning.....................
6. List of individual state County Awards of the USA
7. Table describing a group of VERY large award programs. (25-100 awards)
(This one should be coming pretty soon!!
MISCELLANEOUS TIPS, FACTS, and NOTIFICATION:
1. Your help is always appreciated. It can cover changed rules, posting of new awards, sponsors who don't reply to your applications, and dead URL's. If your club or group sponsors awards, and needs some publicity, feel free to send the rules and a sample of the award.
2. Since the late 1990's, I've written the awards column for CQ Magazine. From floppy disks to e-mail, it has been quite an experience. I retired from that position in December.
My mailing address is Ted Melinosky K1BV, 12 Wells Woods Road, Columbia, CT. 06237.
My e-mail is: email@example.com
3. Foreign Postage: I recommend the services of Bill Plum whose e-mail address is: firstname.lastname@example.org .
4. Copyright 2019 by Theodore F. Melinosky
The K1BV DX Awards Directory